Business Intelligence: The Purpose of Business Intelligence, During all business activities, companies create data. In all departments of the company, employees at all levels use this data as a basis for making decisions. Business Intelligence (BI) collates and prepares the large set of enterprise data. By analyzing the data using BI tools, you can gain insights that support the decision-making process within your company.
Business Intelligence makes it possible to quickly create reports about business processes and their results and to analyze and interpret data about customers, suppliers, and internal activities. Dynamic planning is also possible. Business Intelligence therefore helps optimize business processes and enables you to act quickly and in line with the market, creating decisive competitive advantages for your company.
Key Areas of Business Intelligence
A complete Business Intelligence solution is subdivided into various areas. SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence (SAP NetWeaver BI) provides comprehensive tools, functions, and processes for all these areas:
Also See: What is SAP BW Monitoring Tool?
A data warehouse integrates, stores, and manages company data from all sources.
If you have an integrated view on the relevant data in the data warehouse, you can start the analysis and planning steps. To obtain decisive insights for improving your business processes from the data, SAP NetWeaver BI provides methods for multidimensional analysis. Business key figures, such as sales quantities or revenue, can be analyzed using different reference objects, such as Product, Customer or Time. Methods for pattern recognition in the dataset (data mining) are also available. SAP NetWeaver BI also allows you to perform planning based on the data in the data warehouse.
Tools for accessing and for visualization allow you to display the insights you have gained and to analyze and plan the data at different levels of detail and in various working environments (Web, Microsoft Excel).
Also See: How to Upgrade SAP BW Service Pack Stack (SPS)?
By publishing content from BI, you can flexibly broadcast the information to all employees involved in your company’s decision-making processes, for example by e-mail or using an enterprise portal.
Performance and security also play an important role when it comes to providing the information that is relevant for decision-making to the right employees at the right time.
Pre-Configured information models in the form of BI Content make it possible to efficiently and cost-effectively introduce SAP NetWeaver BI.
The following sections give an overview of the capabilities of SAP NetWeaver BI in these areas. You can find out more about the tools, functions, and processes provided by SAP NetWeaver BI using the links to more detailed information in the documentation.
Also See: Step by Step Procedure to Implement Transport in SAP BI
Recommended Reading For You
- To Make Settings for SAP BW 3.5 and SAP EP 6.0Making Settings for SAP BW 3.5 and SAP EP 6.0 Purpose A number of settings need to be made in the BW system for the Integration of SAP BW 3.5 and SAP EP 6.0. Some settings in SAP BW and […]
- Transport in SAP BI – Step by Step Procedure to ImplementTransport in SAP BI : SAP in general transports will be implemented by Basis persons or we can automate the transports implementation by scheduling the job. Sometimes we will be in […]
- What is SAP BW Monitoring Tool?SAP BW Monitoring Tool: The Process Chains context contains all of the process chains that have run since the BW system was last started.By setting the transfer parameter for method […]
- SAP BW transport errors and Fixes for TransportsCommon Transport Errors in Transformations/Update Rules SAP BW Transport Errors Log 1:Error: Syntax Error in routine.Reason: This error occurs if the transformation is not […]
- Types of attributes in SAP BWThere are three types attributes in sap BW they are1), Display/Exclusive Attributes2), Navigational Attribute3), Transitive Attribute.
Attributes are Info Objects […]