Transport request is used in SAP to transfer customization. The main purpose of Transport Request is not to make any changes directly in Quality/Production server. When u does some configuration system will ask for a request. If u want to create a new Transport Request click on create and give the description, then system will automatically generate a request. if u wants to save it in the request already created go to own request and double click on the request name u want to save. Creating a new request and saving it in the same request depends on how u wants the configuration to be moved to Production/Quality.
There are 3 Types of Transport Request
The transport K type implements Transport Request of DE objects from the integration system into the consolidation system. When you create a transport request using the workbench organizer, it always uses this transport type by default meaning that all the transportable change requests stored in the workbench organizer are allocate this transport type. For this transport type, the objects are transported to the consolidated systems without changing the object’s system owner which means that the transported objects in the consolidated system become repair objects and no corrections are allowed for the imported objects.
Also See: How to Upload Transactional Data Into SAP System
With this transport type the objects change the system owner after they are transported which means that the source system of the object loses its ownership after the object is transported. So the target system in which the objects are transported becomes the original system. In other words objects are transported as original objects. So they can be corrected or modified in the target system too. That means that change authorization is also transported. In SAP terms, objects that are transported with C types are checked out of a system and checked into another system.
Transport Request – This Transport type is useful when you have to copy object between two systems in a group ie when a system(other than consolidation system) receives a copy of objects, the corresponding transport takes place with transport type T. Object including the object of transport type T do not change their system owner. So the original system remains same.
Transport Request is Generated in following Scenarios
1. Customizing Request – When doing or changing some customization.
2. WorkBench Request – When configuration is cross-client. Eg Generating new Table, making changes in access sequence, Abap development, etc.
To create a Transport Request for every new record insertion of a table, you need to create records through ‘Table maintenance generator’. To use this option you should select option “Standard Recording Routine” in TMG creation. Then only we can make table data transportable.
What is Client on SAP System?
Recommended Reading For You
- SAP Transport Management System (STMS) conceptYou can organize, perform, and monitor transports between your SAP Systems using the SAP Transport Management System (STMS). User actions at the operating system level are no longer […]
- What is SAP Transport Request Process?This document is a summary of the SAP Transport Request process at MIT involving technical code reviews for custom development, configuration changes, acceptance testing, documentation, […]
- How to Transport users from one client to another?When a modification is made to a role in the 100 client, the roles must be transported to the 800 client. One role, several roles, or all roles can be done if needed. They can all be […]
- How to Generate Solution Manager Key in SAP System?Steps to Generate Solution Manager Key in SAP System,
To Generate Solution Manager Key Execute T-code SMSY in Solution Manager System,You need to do the following steps:1), To […]
- Material Master Data – OverviewWe need to discuss briefly how the material records are organized in the SAP Materials Management system.
What is the Material Master Record?
The material master record contains all […]