Sample Account Assignment is a master record containing data that is transferred when you create G/L account master records in the company code area.When you create a G/L account master record in the company code, the system transfers the data from the sample account. Sample account assignment are dependent on the chart of accounts. As a result, you can use a sample account only in the chart of accounts in which it is created.
The sample account BANK has been created for the chart of accounts AAAA. It can be assigned to one or more G/L accounts in this chart of accounts only. It cannot be used for any other charts of accounts.
Sample Account Assignment in G/L Account
1), Sample account assignment are dependent on the chart of accounts.
2), You must not enter sample accounts in the chart of accounts as G/L account master records.
3), Sample accounts have an effect only when you create a master record.
4), Sample accounts are assigned to the corresponding G/L account master records in the chart of accounts.
5), You can create as many sample accounts as you require.
6), You cannot post to sample accounts
Some other important notes on SAMPLE Account:
Data Transfer Rules
Sample Account And Data Transfer Rule: Example
Differences Between Account Group, Reference, and Sample Account
Also See : How to copy G/L Master from One Company Code to Another Company code
How Do Changes Take Effect?
Recommended Reading For You
- How to define Chart of Accounts?After creating Company Code, the next thing we have to do is creating Chart of Accounts (COA).In SAP R/3 term, Chart of Accounts is a unique four alphanumeric code that represents the […]
- FB70 Customer InvoiceWhile posting SAP customer invoice (FB70) why system asks for G/L account?
As per double entry book keeping rule:
customer is debited
Customer reconciliation a/c is credited
Why one […]
- How to Create Document Number ranges for Company Code?To create document number ranges for company code IMG > Financial Accounting >Financial Accounting Global Settings>Document> Document Number Ranges> Define Document […]
- Retained Earnings GL Account in relation to Carrying Forward BalancesWe may notice that for certain Balance Sheet General Ledger accounts the opening balance of a fiscal year does not equal the closing balance of the same account for the previous fiscal […]
- SAP Account Assignment TemplateSAP Account Assignment : we must always enter similar transactions and only different in one or two field of date,invoice number, amount, currency or description. You can create account […]