The only way I know to extend material in SAP is through MM01 t-code, the Create Material t-code. But then I experience problem when I was trying to extend Material to another storage location within the same Plant. There was always an error message generated when I was trying to change some property in the Accounting 1 tab-section.
Error message sounds like this: Accounting 1 cannot be chosen here; if possible, enter the organizational level
I couldn’t figure out how to fix this, but as I search from google, in forum I found that there’s an alternative way to extend material, which is through MMSC t-code. So I try using MMSC to extend material to the desired storage location and it works well.
Extend a Material to new storage Location
So, now I have two ways of extending material:
- Using MM01, we use this t-code if we want to extend the material to a different Plant.
- Using MMSC, we use this t-code if we want to extend the material to same Plant but different Storage Location.
Maybe there’s other ways to extend material. Maybe I’ll find out later if there’s problem which can’t be solved with those two t-codes.
Also See: SAP Project Systems – Step by Step Configuration
Recommended Reading For You
- Batch Management Configuration in SAP MMBatch Management Configuration: This post explains a quick guide on how to use standard SAP Batch Determination for a material transfer. For an internal goods movement we need SAP to pick […]
- How To Create Purchase Info Record SAP?Purchase Info Record: Info records are created automatically when the user orders a material or update a price quotation from a vendor, but can be also created, changed or deleted […]
- SAP Trading Goods Transaction Code MMH1 – Step by StepTo create SAP Trading Goods (HAWA) Creation select the following navigation path in SAP R/3 Easy Access.Menu Path:Logistics > Material Management > Material Master > […]
- SAP GUI 7.10 New Installation InstructionsPreviously I’m using SAP GUI 6.40 on my vista operating system. At the beginning, SAP GUI is running fine, all the t-codes I access are displayed correctly. But in time, maybe after 2 days […]
- What is Bill of Materials (BOM)? – DefinitionBill of Materials (BOM) : A list of all of the items that make up a product or assembly. The list is complete for its given purpose, has a formal structure, and states the name, quantity, […]