Logical database PNP : SAP Human Resources (HR) management system solution is one of the largest modules in the SAP R/3 system which enables the effective management of information about th people within an organization and integrates this information within external system and SAP’s modules.
In Human Resources (HR), the following logical databases can be used as a data source for HR InfoSets:
1), PNP 2),PAP 3),PCH
By selecting a logical database, you determine the HR data that can be reported on using an InfoSet.
Logical Database PCH
This logical database generally enables you to report on all HR infotypes. However, you are advised not to use this logical database unless you want to report on Personnel Planning data.
Logical Database PNP
Use logical database PNP to report on HR master data. It is possible to use logical database PCH to access this data, but PNP meets such reporting requirements more quickly because it is best suited to the task of selecting persons.
Logical database PNP enables you to access HR master data and infotypes from Personnel Planning. For example, you have the following options:
1), Reporting on the costs, number of attendees booked, and instructor for a business event on which an employee is booked
2), Reporting on working time and planned compensation for a position that an employee occupies
3), Reporting on the validity and proficiency of a qualification that an employee fulfills
Also See : How to Upload Transactional Data Into SAP System
From a technical perspective, this means you can use PNP to report on all of the infotypes that exist for objects (infotype 1000) that have a direct relationship (infotype 1001) with the Person object.
The ability to access infotypes from Personnel Planning using logical database PNP is a special feature that you can only use in the context of SAP Query and Ad Hoc Query. You cannot use this functionality for ABAP reports you programmed yourself.
You can also use logical database PNP to report on data from Personnel Time Management (infotypes 2000 to 2999) and Payroll (special payroll infotypes for the USA and customer infotypes; for more information, access Customizing for the Human Resources Information System and see Payroll Results).
Logical Database PAP
Logical database PAP enables you to access data from Recruitment.
Also See: Quick Tour of the SAP User Interface
Recommended Reading For You
- SAP HR (Human Resource Management) Module IntroductionSAP HR (Human Resource Management) system solution is one of the largest modules in the SAP R/3 system which enables the effective management of information about th people within an […]
- What is a Logical Systems in SAP?SAP Logical System : logical systems are used to identify an individual client in a system, for ALE communication between SAP systems. That's why you see a field for 'logical system' in […]
- HR Human Resource Transaction CodesSAP HR Transaction CodesSAP HR (Human Resource) module enables each company to effectively manage the employee information in their organization. SAP HR is integrated with other SAP […]
- Wage Types in SAP HRWage types are used to assign payments and deductions as well as to control the payroll program. You need wage types to pay employees. SAP system there are two main categories:1), […]
- SAP HR Table listSAP Training Tutorials gives the to know ore on the SAP HR tables which frequently using SAP HR Module.The list of SAP Human Resources tables as below,DD01L Domains
DD02L SAP […]