In the SAP System, every document is assigned a number that identifies it uniquely within a fiscal year and company code.
There are two types of number assignment:
External (by the user)- Need Auto generated Number confirmed by VR.
The accounting clerk enters the number of the original document during document entry. A prerequisite is that the document numbers are unique. The system checks whether the number entered already exists and prevents users from assigning the same number twice. Numbers assigned to documents that have been archived however, can be reused.
Document Number Assignment in SAP System
Internal (by the system)
The system automatically assigns a sequential number.You use a number range to define how the document number is assigned. Each document type has a specific number range from which the document number is selected.
Internal number assignments would be assigned to all document types as per best practice. As company requirements yearly intervals will be created.
Also See: SAP Down Payment Process an Overview
Recommended Reading For You
- SAP Authorization Checks ConceptSAP Authorization Checks : When a user starts a transaction, the system performs the following Authorization checks:The system checks in table TSTC whether the transaction code is […]
- What is SAP Internal Order?What is SAP Internal Order?
SAP Internal Order is a cost object that collects costs for the management information system and, in some instances, revenues for an organization. IOs can be […]
- Define System LandscapeThe purpose of this activity is to establish the system landscape. The system landscape consists of the SAP Systems and clients that will enable you to adapt the SAP standard software to […]
- How to Maintain Versions in sap?To enter any transaction data in sap - CO, we need to maintain versions. Version stores your data into what type of data we entering whether Planned Or Actual. The most suitable version […]
- Retained Earnings GL Account in relation to Carrying Forward BalancesWe may notice that for certain Balance Sheet General Ledger accounts the opening balance of a fiscal year does not equal the closing balance of the same account for the previous fiscal […]