Vendor Consignment Stock
This is a special kind of stock which can be viewed under SAP inventory transaction MMBE but it belongs to the vendor. As per the need, the company withdraws stock from Vendor Consignment Stock, which results in change of ownership of stock. At this stage, the stock is valuated and a liability towards the vendor is raised.
When a consignment stock is received from the vendor, it can be designated as one of the following stock type:
1), Unrestricted-use stock
2), Quality inspection stock
3), Blocked stock
Stock can be withdrawn from the Vendor Consignment Stock only if it is under Unrestricted-use stock.
SAP Transaction Flow
Create a Purchase Info Record for Material Vendor combination (ME11) with info category as consignment.
Create a Purchase Order with Item Category as “K” for consignment item. This ensures that a Goods Receipt to this purchase order results in vendor consignment stock and an invoice can not be posted based on Goods Receipt alone. The net price of the PO is usually zero.
Goods Receipt based on the purchase order. The stock can be either,
1. Unrestricted-use stock
2. Quality inspection stock
3. Blocked stock
T Code – MIGO
1. Transfer Posting – Others – Movement Type = 411
2. Enter Material, Quantity, Vendor, Plant etc.
3. Check and Post the document
Also See: Special Stocks and Procurement Types in SAP MM an Overview
Consignment settlement T Code – MRKO
Master Data Settings
Special procurement type = 10 for consignment stock. This material master setting will result in a warning message when a purchase order is created without item category as “K”
Purchase Info Record for a consignment purchase is mandatory. The price for vendor consignment stock is picked up from purchase info record.
Consignment Stock Reports
MMBE – Stock Overview : Company Code / Plant / Storage Location / Batch
MB54 – Display Consignment Stocks
An alternate way to SAP transaction flow could be when Goods Receipt is made without reference to a purchase order using movement type 501 K.
Material can also be issued to a cost center directly instead of a 2 step process of withdrawal and then issue to a cost center. The Movement type would be 201 K. Refer Goods Issue from Inventory to CostCenter (Manufacturing Consumption)
An accounting document is generated only during stock withdrawal. The price is picked up from Consignment Info Record. During Goods Receipt no accounting document is generated.
Also See: The difference between Logistics, Inventory Management & Supply chain Management
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Purchase Info Record in SAP?The Purchase Info Record belongs to the master data for purchasing. It holds information for a specific Material and Vendor combination. Purchase Info records allow the definition and […]
- How To Create Purchase Info Record?Info records are created automatically when the user orders a material or update a price quotation from a vendor, but can be also created, changed or deleted manually.Purchasing […]
- What is Reorder Point Planning in SAP MM?In the reorder point planning procedure, the system compares available warehouse stock with the reorder level. If available stock falls below the reorder level, an order proposal is […]
- SAP MMH1 Create Trading Goods – StepsTo create Trading Goods (HAWA) Creation select the following navigation path in SAP R/3 Easy Access.Menu Path:Logistics > Material Management > Material Master > Material […]
- Material Ledger Closing in SAP Quick reviewMovements for a material that is valuated with the material ledger are always carried out using the valuation price. If the price control indicator in the material master record is S, […]