Portal On Device Implementation: AP portal supports this entire heterogeneous environment, and allows us accessing it from a mobile device. In most cases, customers have a very similar requirement – to fit a small part of portal content to mobile devices, and hide all that heavy desktop-oriented content from mobile consumers.
The approach that we will use is Portal on Device with content filtering – let’s start!
How to Setting Up/ Step by Step Preparation
First portal version should be at least 7.30.8, or 7.31.5.
In order to see the right content on your tablet / smart phone, perform following steps in NWA
Under Java System Properties, find a service called “Portal Runtime Container Extension” and set “html5.compliant” property to “iViewDependent”
Under Application Modules, find a module called “com.sap.portal.navigation.helperservice”, select it’s web module “navigation_events_helper”, and set property “FilterbyDesktopView” to 2. Set the property “FilterByExcludedFilterIDs” to be “com.sap.portal.doNotFilter”.
All content marked with this value will not be affected by filtering mechanism.
You can find more information about filtering entry points here
* Restart the portal instance
Portal On Device Implementation
Go to System Administration -> System Configuration -> Portal Display -> Desktops & Display rules, and copy-paste the following SAP standard folder with tablet desktop to you custom location
Open the copied portal desktop, and add a framework page to it (by default there is no page assigned)
In the same place, set the following filter ID to this desktop: “com.sap.portal.tablet”. Later on, you will add this filter ID to content that you wish to expose to mobile devices.
Go to System Administration -> System Configuration -> Portal Display -> Desktop & Display Rules, open main rules collection and create a new rule
Now you are ready to prepare some mobile-oriented roles and expose them to end users!
Set the desired content
Copy-paste the standard tablet role from this location
The role will have standard filter ID maintained, so tablet content will not be shown to desktop users.
Assign the created role to relevant users through User Management
Please note that this role will be filtered by portal desktop settings made during our preparation. Although you assign yourself this role, you will be able to see it’s content only on your mobile device.
In case you receive the following screen, please make sure that you are assigned with a mobile role, and filters you added to portal desktop are not blocking the content.
Also See: SAP Netweaver Business Process Management (BPM)
Recommended Reading For You
- Define System LandscapeThe purpose of this activity is to establish the system landscape. The system landscape consists of the SAP Systems and clients that will enable you to adapt the SAP standard software to […]
- User Types in SAPUser Types in SAP: The SAP system categorizes users into several types for different purposes,
There are 5 different User Types:
- What is Project Realization Phase in SAP?The purpose of this Project Realization Phase is to implement business and process requirements based on the Business Blueprint. The objectives are final implementation in the system, an […]
- What is Meant by a Complete End to End implementation in SAP?SAP Implementation first we have to prepare documentation about the client business (like turnover, vendors, customers, payments, materials, production, marketing etc.)The implementer […]
- SAP Portal and Knowledge ManagementSAP Portal and Knowledge management component of SAP EP provides central and role specific management of unstructured content from various data sources. To run knowledge management, TREX […]