Manage Permissions Roles To SAP Users: Managing permissions in SAP NetWeaver BI can restrict user access. These limitations apply to both the possible actions (or launch a state change, etc.), functional domains available (represented by cubes), and the scope of analysis (such society, country, etc.).
In general, the assignment of permissions roles to users is not direct but passes through objects called “Roles”. Indeed, a role for combining users, permissions and menus. It is often too complex to assign and track users directly with permissions because the number of combinations to process and lack of user-friendly graphical interface.
Thus, the role will bring together a set of users with the same need analysis, a user can belong to multiple roles. A user assigned to a role can run the state and access to performance indicators.
The Management Organization
A solution exists yet in SAP NetWeaver BI, to assign positions and not users. This feature allows you to manage a hierarchy of positions and assign users to those positions, according to the reporting period. This management can be supported by human resources in ERP, and duplicated in all systems, or run directly into BW.
Positions are assigned to roles and not directly to users. A change in position does not require changing the allocations to authorities: the user automatically inherits the permissions associated with his position.
From a technical standpoint, the tree management positions and organizations can be achieved by the transaction PPOCW. The positions are then assigned to roles in the transaction PFCG (for extended), in the “User” button and “Organizational Mgt”. The assignment of the user’s position is performed by the transaction SU01.
Also See: SAP Netweaver on Overview
Manage Permissions Roles To SAP Users
The Security Risks Factors
This system provides general satisfaction because it simplifies the assignment in the original draft. However, it has a major drawback: it merges the individual and the position it occupies in the organization. Maintenance requires translating the actual position of the user roles to provide the necessary permissions.
However, permission management is rarely managed by human resources, but directly between business and IT services. This produces long-term some complexity in the permissions, or a lack of visibility and gaps for authorization. A recent study moreover demonstrated that among the risks in poorly managed companies are primarily the fault of security.
Also See: SAP Netweaver – Business Process Management an Overview
Recommended Reading For You
- Information Broadcasting in SAP NetWeaver 2004s OverviewThe goal of information broadcasting in SAP is to distribute the right information, in the appropriate format, to the right people, through different channels, at the right time. With SAP […]
- What is Bill of Materials (BOM)? – DefinitionBill of Materials (BOM) : A list of all of the items that make up a product or assembly. The list is complete for its given purpose, has a formal structure, and states the name, quantity, […]
- What is Business Intelligence?Business Intelligence: The Purpose of Business Intelligence, During all business activities, companies create data. In all departments of the company, employees at all levels use this data […]
- What is SAP-BI Data Archiving Process?SAP-BI Data Archiving Process: Archiving is used to store your data at a remote location to improve the performance in BI. Archiving is a process of moving the data from the sap database […]
- Transport in SAP BI – Step by Step Procedure to ImplementTransport in SAP BI : SAP in general transports will be implemented by Basis persons or we can automate the transports implementation by scheduling the job. Sometimes we will be in […]