SAP BW Monitoring Tool: The Process Chains context contains all of the process chains that have run since the BW system was last started.By setting the transfer parameter for method execution DAYS_TO_KEEP_LOGS in the method definition RSPC_CCMS_STARTUP, you can specify the process chain runs that you want to display from those that ended before the BW system was last started. By default, this parameter is set at seven days.
This means that the process chain runs from the last seven days are displayed. You get the method definition through transaction RZ21 -> Methods -> Definitions.
By double-clicking on the Process Chains context, you can jump to the process chain maintenance.
SAP BW Monitor Objects
In the Process Chains context, process chains that have run since the last start of the BW system are displayed as monitor objects, as well as those that were defined in transaction RZ21 (see context section above).
The nodes show the technical name of the process chain.
By double-clicking on a process chain, you jump to the maintenance for that chain.
Attributes are displayed for each process chain. These are:
The text attribute specifies the description of the process chain.
Also See: SAP BW Architecture – Overview
Image Source: wiki.sdn.sap.com
Also See: To Make Settings for SAP BW 3.5 and SAP EP 6.0
All runs of the chain (represented by the log ID as well as month, day, and time) for the last n days are displayed as monitor objects.
You define the parameter n as the transfer parameter for method execution DAYS_TO_KEEP_LOGS in the method definition RSPC_CCMS_AGENT. If no changes have been made to the run for n days, it is removed from the display. However, you can still access the log directly from the process chain maintenance.
This agent runs a maximum of every ten minutes and monitors all of the runs displayed. The batch job for this is SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP, and is scheduled to run once an hour by default when you save the method. You can change the schedule in transaction SM37.
When you select a run and choose Display Details, all messages for this run are displayed, as well as a message for every process that has finished. Only messages for the last 30 minutes are shown by default, but you can change this setting.
Also See: SAP BW Errors and Fixes for Transports
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Business Intelligence?Business Intelligence: The Purpose of Business Intelligence, During all business activities, companies create data. In all departments of the company, employees at all levels use this data […]
- To Make Settings for SAP BW 3.5 and SAP EP 6.0Making Settings for SAP BW 3.5 and SAP EP 6.0 Purpose A number of settings need to be made in the BW system for the Integration of SAP BW 3.5 and SAP EP 6.0. Some settings in SAP BW and […]
- SAP BW Architecture – OverviewSAP BW Architecture : The graphic shows a physical and logical division between data staging in the source systems, data storage and management, and analysis. A source system is a system […]
- How to Generate Solution Manager Key in SAP System?Steps to Generate Solution Manager Key in SAP System,
To Generate Solution Manager Key Execute T-code SMSY in Solution Manager System,You need to do the following steps:1), To […]
- SAP BW transport errors and Fixes for TransportsCommon Transport Errors in Transformations/Update Rules SAP BW Transport Errors Log 1:Error: Syntax Error in routine.Reason: This error occurs if the transformation is not […]