Transport in SAP BI : SAP in general transports will be implemented by Basis persons or we can automate the transports implementation by scheduling the job. Sometimes we will be in situation where we have to implement the transports.
In this post, we will see how to implement the transport and the return codes we get and how to analyze the transport log. when we release any transport in DEV system, it will move to the next system based transport path maintained(let’s assume QA system).
Transport in SAP BI – Step by Step Procedure
We can see the transport in QA system through STMS t- code.
1), Go to STMS tcode
2),Click on transport(truck) symbol.
3), In this screen double click on your QA system(you will have all the systems here).
4),Now you will see the transport requests present in your QA system queue.(this is called transport queue).
5),Just refresh the queue once to get the latest released transports.
6),Now place the cursor on the transport you want to implement or press F9.
7),On top you will find two trucks, one with full load and other with half load. Click on truck with half load.
We will get the below screen.
Select “Immediate” option.Now click on Execution tab.
Select “Asynchronous” option. Click on options tab.
In this screen, we have 7 options and by default first option will be checked. Please un check the first option and select last option, i.e “Ignore predecessor relations” and click on ok.
Now you can truck symbol in right side for you transport. If you want to monitor the job log of transport, go to SM37 and you can see RDDEXECL job with DDIC user.
Also See: How to Transport users from one client to another?
8),You can refresh the import queue to get the latest status for your transport.
9),Once your transport is implemented, we can have 5 different results.(these are called return codes).
They are as follows,
RC0(Green) — Transport is successful
RC4(Yellow) — Transport is successful with warnings.(we can ignore this)
RC8(Red) — Transport if failed due to errors.(we need to check the log take necessary actions).
RC12(red with thunder symbol) — Unable to start the transport job in server. This is server issue, we can import after 10 mins.
RC16 — This is also server issue, need to check with basis people.
If you want to re-import the failed transport after correcting the error or already successful transport, follow the below steps.
1), First Step we have to add the transport request again to queue.
2), To Copy the transport request and click on extras in menu bar —>Other requests —> add
3), In the next screen give the transport number, target client and select “import again”. Now click on OK.
4),You will able to see transport request in queue again.
5),Select the transport request and in the options tab instead of selecting last option select 2,3,4 and last option as shown below.
6), To Click on OK.This will overwrite already existing objects.
We can check the transport log in SE01, or in import queue logs(we will have this option in import queue).
Also See: How to Configure Transport Domain Controller?
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Business Intelligence?Business Intelligence: The Purpose of Business Intelligence, During all business activities, companies create data. In all departments of the company, employees at all levels use this data […]
- SAP BW transport errors and Fixes for TransportsCommon Transport Errors in Transformations/Update Rules SAP BW Transport Errors Log 1:Error: Syntax Error in routine.Reason: This error occurs if the transformation is not […]
- Types of attributes in SAP BWThere are three types attributes in sap BW they are1), Display/Exclusive Attributes2), Navigational Attribute3), Transitive Attribute.
Attributes are Info Objects […]
- What is SAP-BI Data Archiving Process?SAP-BI Data Archiving Process: Archiving is used to store your data at a remote location to improve the performance in BI. Archiving is a process of moving the data from the sap database […]
- How to Manage Permissions Roles To SAP Users?Manage Permissions Roles To SAP Users: Managing permissions in SAP NetWeaver BI can restrict user access. These limitations apply to both the possible actions (or launch a state change, […]