Menu: IMG -> Financial Accounting -> Financial Accounting Global Settings -> Document -> Line Item -> Controls -> Maintain Field Status Variants
You can define and edit field status variants and groups. You group several field status groups together in one field status variant. You assign the field status variants to a company code in the activity Assign Company Code to Field Status Variants. This allows you to work with the same field status groups in any number of company codes.
You can also define and process field status groups. You must define a field status group in the company code-specific area of each G/L account. The field status group determines which fields are ready for input, which are required entry fields, and which are hidden during document entry. Bear in mind that additional account assignments (i.e. cost centers or orders) are only possible if data can be entered in the corresponding fields.
Maintain Field Status Variants in SAP Step by Step
Field status variant 0001 is entered for company code 0001 in the standard SAP software. Field status groups are already defined for this variant.The field status group you enter in the reconciliation accounts affects postingsto the related customer or vendor accounts. You cannot enter a field status group in the customer or vendor accounts. Field status groups are determined for customer and vendor accounts from their respective reconciliation accounts, via the G/L account number in their master records.
Also See: What is Transactions in SAP?
There are other factors, besides the field status group itself, which have an influence on the field status. Among these are:
The field status defined for the posting key.
The status “optional entry field” was assigned to posting keys 40 and 50 in the standard system. These are the standard posting keys for G/L account postings. The “optional entry field” status has no effect on the field status.
Copy the Standard Field status variant 0001 to create new field status variant 9100. The field status variant 9100 can be attached to all the group company codes of A Ltd.
Also See: What is a variant and where do you use it?
Recommended Reading For You
- Create Field Exits in SAP – Step by Step ProcedureMethod 1: Field exits in SAP R/3 4.6C, execute transaction CMOD. Then type PRFB in the command field.Method 2: Another way to accomplish this is to use program RSMODPRF.There are […]
- How to do Fiscal Year Variant Change in SAP?Fiscal Year Variant
The fiscal year variant determines the posting periods to be used by the client's company. SAP allows a maximum of 16 posting periods each fiscal year - normally 12 […]
- The Steps to Upgrade SAP Support PackageHope sometimes we need to update our SAP Support Package for bug fixing or regular maintenance.If we check our current SAP Support Package Level from transaction SPAM --> Package […]
- Batch Management Configuration in SAP MMBatch Management Configuration: This post explains a quick guide on how to use standard SAP Batch Determination for a material transfer. For an internal goods movement we need SAP to pick […]
- What is LSMW in SAP?What is LSMW in SAP? The full form of LSMW is Legacy System Migration Workbench. As the name specifies it’s a tool in SAP for migrating the legacy data to SAP system. LSMW is the […]