SAP transaction Code FB1S (Clear G/L Account) is classified in the Financial Accounting module under application component General Ledger Accounting and runs Documentation FI General Ledger program SAPMF05A upon execution.
• This transaction is used to clear open item managed general ledger accounts.
A similar transaction exists for customer and vendor account clearing.
• If you have numerous items to clear, and prefer to deselect those that should not be included in the clearing document, click and deselect Selected items initially inactive checkbox.
The transaction will then start with all items active (i.e. selected for clearing).
• You can clear multiple items in one posting. The only requirement is that the sum of debits and credits equals zero, meaning the clearing document is balanced.
Field Description Tables
The R/O/C column of each Field Description table indicates whether the field usage is:
R – Required in SAP.
O – Optional in SAP.
C – Conditional in SAP.
Clear G/L Account – FB1S
1. Double-click on Clear Open Items to go to the Clear G/L Account: Header Data screen.
2. Complete/review the following fields:
• Clearing date
3. Perform one of the following:
If Go To
You wish to specify a selection value range by selecting the options in the Additonal selections panel.
For example, you may only wish to review items which have posted in the previous month.
4. Select the radio button for the option for the open item filter you wish to enter, in our example Posting date.
Clear G/L Account: Enter selection criteria
5. As required, complete the following fields:
• Posting date from
• Posting date to
6. Click to go to the Clear G/L Account: Process open items screen.
7. Double click on the amount of the first open item in the GBP Gross column that you wish to clear.
The system will activate the line you have chosen, and the amount in the Assigned field in the Editing status panel will reflect all activated items. If the system shows a balance in the Not assigned field, then your clearing document is not in balance.
8. Select an offsetting item by clicking on the amount in the appropriate line.
Both items will now display as active, and the Not assigned field will show zero, indicating your clearing document is in balance and can be posted.
9. Click to post your document.
The system displays the message, “Document xxxx was posted in company code xxxx”.
Also See: Inter-Company Billing – Automatic Posting To Vendor Account
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Cross Company Code Clearing Accounts in SAP?Cross Company code clearing accounts cab be G/L accounts as well as Customer and Vendor accounts. We can enter cross company code transactions in one step in the General Ledger, Accounts […]
- General Ledger Master Data in SAP FICOGeneral Ledger Master Data in SAP FICO: In SAP, the basic element of the master data structure in the General Ledger is the chart of accounts, which is assigned to a company code and […]
- Recurring Entries Procedure – SAP (FBD1)Recurring entries in the system are only a reference Document and has no Accounting impact. Only when the recurring Document is executed by Transaction code F.14, that Accounting entries […]
- FB70 Customer InvoiceWhile posting SAP customer invoice (FB70) why system asks for G/L account?
As per double entry book keeping rule:
customer is debited
Customer reconciliation a/c is credited
Why one […]
- What is General Ledger Planning in SAP?General Ledger Planning can be done for general ledger wise in financial accounting exclusively. For that purpose we have to define the plan periods for the variant.Path: spro> […]