The purchasing info records is source of information for purchasing. It contains information on a specific material and a vendor supplying the material. For example, the vendor’s current pricing is stored in the info record. The purchasing info records referred to in abbreviated form as called Info record.
Types of SAP Purchasing info records, There are two types of info records available in sap
Info records with a material master record (e.g. for stock material), This type of info record represents the relationship between a material or service (for which a master record exists) and a vendor.
Info records without a material master record (e.g. for consumable materials), This type of info record represents the relationship between a material or service for which no master record exists and a vendor.
Sucontractor info records
A subcontractor info records contains ordering information for subcontract orders. For example, if you subcontract the assembly of a component, the subcontractor info record would include the vendor’s (subcontractor’s) price for assembling the component.
Pipeline info records
The pipeline info record contains information on a vendor’s commodity that is supplied through a pipeline (for example, oil or water) or via similar means (for example, electricity through the mains). The info record contains the vendor’s price for the consumption of such commodities by the buyer (“pipeline withdrawals”). You can store withdrawal/usage prices for different validity periods.
Also See: How to create Purchase info records
Structure of an info records
An info record contains general data and organizational data:
General data -Data that is valid for each purchasing organization or each plant (for example, origin data, reminder levels, and the order unit). Organizational data – Data such as prices and pricing conditions that you can store for the relevant purchasing organization or plant.
Texts in the info records
The info record contains the following text types: Info record memo.. An internal note that is adopted in the PO item. The info record memo is not printed out
PO text in info records
This text serves to describe the order item and corresponds to the PO text in the material master record. It is adopted in the PO item and included in the printout.
For material that has a material master record, the short text (short description) is copied directly from the material master record into the PO or the outline purchase agreement.
Purchasing info records stores information on the material and vendor supplying the material. For Example, vendors present price of particular material is stored in info record. Purchase info record can be maintained at plant level or other end its at purchasing organization level.
Also See: What is Invoice Verification in the SAP System?
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Master Conditions in SAP?Master conditions in SAP are conditions that determine the effective price in the purchase order. They serve as a central repository of pricing for purchase orders. They are automatically […]
- To Create Purchasing Information Records for material with Material MasterPurchasing Information Records (Info records) are maintained as Master data, just as Material and Vendor master data is maintained. Info records may be created for materials that have a […]
- How To Create Purchase Info Record SAP?Purchase Info Record: Info records are created automatically when the user orders a material or update a price quotation from a vendor, but can be also created, changed or deleted […]
- What is request for quotation (RFQ) in sap?The request for quotation (RFQ) is an invitation to a vendor to indicate his terms and conditions (in particular, his price) for the supply of a material or the provision of a service by […]
- What is Scheduling agreement in SAP MM?The scheduling agreement has similarities with a quantity contract: it states the target quantity of a material to be ordered from a vendor over a period of time, and the price. For each […]