User Administration in SAP Basis Tutorials: To start user maintenance you have to use the transaction code SU01. You can create a new user or copy the existing user master. The user master contain all data and setting that are required to log on to a client.
In this you can find the following tabs:
Address: Personal info and address
Logon Data: Password and validity period of the user
User Default: Language, Values for printer
Parameters: User specific values for standard fields
Roles and profiles: Roles and profiles assigned to the user
Groups: Grouping users for mass maintenance
User Administration in SAP Basis
Types of User
Dialog User, Communication User, System User, Service User, Reference User.
User ids allow access to SAP applications. Each user must have a corresponding profile specifically assigned. In many situations, multiple composite profiles can be assigned to a user ID, depending on the roles an individual user is responsible.
Also See: How to Transport users from one client to another?
Authorizations are the key building blocks of SAP security. Authorization is the process of assigning values to fields present in authorization objects. In SAP, access to all system functionality is achieved through a complex array of authorizations. Sometimes users find that they lack the necessary authorizations to perform a certain function in the system, in which case the message: “You are not authorized…” is displayed at the bottom of the screen
A Profile Generator PFCG is used to automatically generate and assign authorization profiles. The administrator can also create authorization profiles manually.
Default User ids:
- User Ids Client Name
- SAP* 000 and 001
- DDIC 000 and 001
- Early Watch 066
A user Administration must be similar with the tasks and responsibilities of admin for creation, managing and controlling access to the R/3 system and its data, and also various R/3 user types and its data.
Must manage and create new user, groups and profiles using R/3 transaction.
Be similar Authorizations are the key building blocks of SAP security. Authorization is the process of assigning values to fields present in authorization objects. with monitoring active users.
Transport client specific user objects between R/3 system or Clients.
Also See: Different Types of Users in SAP?
Recommended Reading For You
- User Types in SAPUser Types in SAP: The SAP system categorizes users into several types for different purposes,
There are 5 different User Types:
- How to Lock all the Users in SAP System?Lock all the Users in SAP System: Making user changes one-at-a-time can be extremely time consuming. SAP has provided mass change transaction to help making many user changes. The mass […]
- What are User Status and System Status in SAP?User Status and System Status in SAP: The Both at sales doc header level (Sales type) and item level (Item category a status profile can be assigned. A status profile holds a set of […]
- How to Transport users from one client to another?When a modification is made to a role in the 100 client, the roles must be transported to the 800 client. One role, several roles, or all roles can be done if needed. They can all be […]
- How to Setting Up Central User Administration in SAP?Step by Step Settings Up Central User Administration in SAP
Here the procedure for Central User Administration Configuration in a Landscape: 1) Create Logical systems to all clients […]