SAP IDES – “”, in the R/3 System represents a model company. It consists of an international group with subsidiaries in several countries. SAP IDES contains application data for diverse business scenarios that can be run in the SAP System. The business processes in the SAP IDES system are designed to replicate real-life business requirements, and have access to many practical characteristics. IDES uses easy-to-follow business scenarios to show you the comprehensive functions of the R/3 System. The focal point of IDES, however, is not the functionality itself, but the business processes and their integration.
What is SAP IDES
The system that contains a number of sample companies typifying relevant business processes. It is uncomplicated to exercise and has a range of master and transaction data, and is used for demos, online/classroom exercise, and presentations. Prospective clients use IDES to experiment and test software via Internet.
SAP IDES not only covers the Logistics area, but also Financials, and Human Resources. It demonstrates how the R/3 System is able to support practically all types of industries, from discrete production through to process industries, from engineering-to-order to repetitive manufacturing. However, SAP IDES is not a sector-oriented model company. The individual processes are based on practice-oriented data for sectors such as Retailing or Banking. The SAP IDES group manufactures products as diverse as elevators, motorcycles, and paints.
Also See: SAP Project Systems – Step by Step Configuration
IDES is managed by SAP just as any regular business enterprise. SAP regularly updates the IDES data (master data, transaction data, and customizing). IDES also carry out period-end closing and plan with different time-horizons. Transaction data are generated to ensure that the information systems in all areas have access to realistic evaluation data. IDES are constantly implementing new, interesting business scenarios to highlight the very latest functions available in the R/3 System. New functions are represented and documented by SAP IDES scenarios.
Above all, SAP IDES shows you the possibilities of the integrated applications in the SAP System. IDES cover all aspects of a business enterprise, including Human Resources, Financial Accounting, Product Cost Planning, Overhead Management, Profitability Analysis, Planning, Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, Production, and much, much more. SAP IDES have also integrated document administration and third-party CAD systems within the IDES system. This means that you can call up and display external documents, or access CAD drawings.
SAP IDES shows you how the R/3 System supports production processes, the supply chain, and the efficient usage of global resources. Or perhaps you would like to increase your understanding of just-in-time-production or the integration of the electronic KANBAN system in an MRP II environment? IDES provides the ideal way to learn about areas such as Product Cost Controlling, Activity-Based Costing, or integrated Service Management and Plant Maintenance. How to manage high inflation is just one of the ever-growing numbers of SAP IDES business scenarios that you can choose from.
Also See: SAP Terminology what it means?
Recommended Reading For You
- What is SAP User Interface (UI)?The SAP R/3 system presents a Windows interface with several of the familiar Windows functions for screen manipulation. The apparent simplicity of the SAP User Interface hides the power of […]
- What is SAP R/3 Technology?When you use SAP R/3, you are free to choose your technical infrastructure. You determine which hardware, operating systems, or databases you want to use. The entire gamut of offerings […]
- Define System LandscapeThe purpose of this activity is to establish the system landscape. The system landscape consists of the SAP Systems and clients that will enable you to adapt the SAP standard software to […]
- Main Components of R/3 ArchitectureComponents of R3 ArchitectureDatabase ServerThe database server is the most powerful server in an R/3 system. R/3 uses the database management system as central storage for all R/3 […]
- How to Lock all the Users in SAP System?Lock all the Users in SAP System: Making user changes one-at-a-time can be extremely time consuming. SAP has provided mass change transaction to help making many user changes. The mass […]