A contract is a longer-term agreement with a vendor (one of the two forms of “outline agreement” in the SAP system) to supply a material or provide a service for a certain period of time. A number of different terms may be used for this concept in purchasing literature, including “blanket order”, “blanket contract”, “systems contract” and “period contract”. The contract in sap does not contain specific delivery dates or the individual delivery quantities. These are specified subsequently in release orders issued against the contract.
When creating a contract, you can choose between the following contract types:
Value : The contract is regarded as fulfilled when release orders totaling a given value have been issued. Use this contract type in sap when the total value of all release orders should not exceed a certain amount.
Quantity: The contract is regarded as fulfilled when release orders totaling a given quantity have been issued. Use this contract type when the total quantity to order over the duration of the contract is known.
Ways of creating contracts,
You can create a contract in one of the following ways:
1), Manually, You enter all the contract data manually.
2) By using the referencing technique, You can create a contract by referencing purchase requisitions RFQs/quotations other contracts
You can also mix the two methods: you can create a contract by referencing an existing one, and then change or enter some items manually.
Also See: SD Master Contract Structure and How its Configured?
Recommended Reading For You
- What is outline agreement in SAP?This post explains general background information on the "outline agreements" (which, outside the SAP System, may also be referred to as blanket, master, framework or umbrella agreements) […]
- SAP SD: Scheduling Agreement Vs ContractThe scheduling agreement contains details of a delivery schedule but a contract just contains quantity and price information and no details of specific delivery dates
- The Functions of Goods issue Posting in APFunctions of Goods issue Posting: Updating Stock Quantities : The warehouse stock of the material is reduced by the delivery quantity. You will find information on inventory management in […]
- How to Create Company Code and Assign to Company?We can have the 2 basic step, what is company, and how to create company code, and How to assign company code to company as per below, Company: [RCOMP] Company is nothing but it is a […]
- How to define Chart of Accounts in SAP?To Define Chart of Accounts : The chart of accounts in SAP (COA) is nothing but list of GL accounts used by the company. There are three types of chart of accounts.1), Operative chart of […]