This article describes the essential aspects of SAP system development. The resources and materials will be abundant like a sea, but the sole purpose of this writing is to give bullet points of major development using SAP or other ERP packages in a major huge corporation.
First, analysis of current business process should be done in a very detail level. This is so called AS-IS analysis.
Next, current process should be mapped into SAP versions of process and run environment. SAP is great and very expensive system. There are virtually hundreds of Online screens (such as Material creation, Order creation, Delivery note generations, Inventory movement, Good issue or receipts, Forecasting, Inventory Planning, and much more) in SAP. Any kind of process or business scenario can be mapped and executed using one of the existing SAP screens or tools, manually. I mean ‘Manually’.
For instance, you can lay out new processes using SAP screens or objects to perform the current AS-IS functions and processes. However, volume of business of major corporation will be huge, and huge volume of transactions (especially repetitive operations) can not be done by human manual processing. This is where the challenges will come, which will require the automation of repetitive processing.
SAP is transaction driven systems, and it will be a major dominant System in US and globally.
Already it is now.
For more information, please visit below sites:
SAP Beginner – UltimateSAP Online Training
Recommended Reading For You
- Define System LandscapeThe purpose of this activity is to establish the system landscape. The system landscape consists of the SAP Systems and clients that will enable you to adapt the SAP standard software to […]
- Terms of Payment and Cash Discount: OverviewWhat is the mean by Cash Discount?
Cash Discount is a reduction in the price of an item for sale, allowed in those cases when payment is made within a stipulated period. In a business […]
- When do you use SAP workflow?SAP workflow
The following factors need to be considered to decide whether sap workflow should be used for the business situations. 1. Human factor: SAP workflow is more appropriate […]
- ASAP Methodology Implementation StepsThe SAP ASAP Methodology (Accelerated SAP) provides the roadmap for optimizing and continuous implementation of SAP systems in the real time business processes. The ASAP roadmap brings in […]
- SAP Project PhaseASAP stands for Accelerated SAP, a methodology which SAP uses to implement SAP system in an organization. ASAP streamlines the implementation by providing templates, methods, tools and […]