Purchasing Information Records (Info records) are maintained as Master data, just as Material and Vendor master data is maintained. Info records may be created for materials that have a material master record, and for materials that do not (Material Groups). An Info record links a material to a vendor. A material may be supplied by more than one vendor. Therefore, there could be more than one Info record linking a material to a number of vendors.
The Info record contains information specific to the vendor and material combination. For example, an Info record may contain the number of reminder letters to be sent to a vendor for expediting purposes, and the unit of measure for ordering from the vendor. The Info record also reflects price changes made by the vendor for the material. This information can be useful when evaluating and selecting quotations.
Purchasing Information Records for material
Input – Required Fields include Vendor,Material,Purchasing org,Standard,Short text,Material group,Order unit,Sort string, Purch. Group,Standard qty,Net price,Qty. conversion.
Also See: Intention and Ways for SAP Training as a Part of Education
Purchase organization on the initial screen is normally filled in and required in most companies. It should be left blank if the info record will be for all purchasing organizations and information from Purchase org screens will not be used.
On the Purchase org 1 data screen or condition screen, the net price should only be filled in if the user plans on maintaining the price manually. Otherwise the last PO document will maintain the pricing for all subsequent PO’s. Once the net price is filled in, the system will not allow the user to blank this field out and switch to the last PO pricing method. The user can also use conditions to fill in net price.
Step by Step,
Logistics>Materials management>Purchasing>Master data>Info record>Create
Logistics>Sales and Distribution>Foreign Trade/Customs>General Foreign Trade Processing>Import/Export>Master Data>Purchasing Info Record
Logistics>Production>KANBAN>Environment>Purchasing>Master Data>Info Record>Create
Transaction Code ME11
Step 1: To Purchasing Information Records for material Initial Screen, enter require information in the fields as specified in the table below:
Step 2: Next Create Purchasing Info Record: General Data, enter information in the fields as specified in the screen,
Step 3: Create Purchasing Info Record: Purch. Organization Data 1 & 2, enter information in the fields as specified in the table:
Step 4: To Create Purchasing Info Record: Text Overview, enter information in the fields as specified in the table below:
Step 5: Save
Also See: How to create purchase order in sap using me21n
Recommended Reading For You
- How To Create Purchase Info Record SAP?Purchase Info Record: Info records are created automatically when the user orders a material or update a price quotation from a vendor, but can be also created, changed or deleted […]
- What are the different Types of Master data in SAP MM?The Master data in SAP is used to be base data that can store all the required inform about the transaction. If someone producing, transferring stock, selling, purchasing, doing physical […]
- What is Purchase Info Record in SAP?The Purchase Info Record belongs to the master data for purchasing. It holds information for a specific Material and Vendor combination. Purchase Info records allow the definition and […]
- Material Ledger Closing in SAP Quick reviewMaterial Ledger Closing: Movements for a material that is valuated with the material ledger are always carried out using the valuation price. If the price control indicator in the material […]
- SAP Purchasing info Records Types?The purchasing info records is source of information for purchasing. It contains information on a specific material and a vendor supplying the material. For example, the vendor's current […]