This SAP Quality Management guide explains various archiving objects in Quality Management (QM) such as Master inspection characteristics, Inspection methods, Inspection Plans, Inspection lots and Quality notifications. Moreover this SAP QM article explains each archiving object’s use, features, structure, prerequisites and definition.
The transaction processing for Quality Management module basically revolves around two important transactions,
SAP Quality Management
1), Inspection Lot 2), Quality Notification
An inspection lot is usually created automatically, as a result of goods movement. The system uses the following configuration / master data controls to determine when an inspection lot is created and how it is processed,
- Inspection lot origin
- Inspection type
- Inspection settings in the material master record
Usual triggers for an inspection lot creation are:
- Material received from a vendor
- Material received from a production order
- Material received as a result of stock transfer
- In process inspection based on Production Order routing
- Quality Notification
- Quality Inspection for a delivery
The master data elements in QM module are as under:
1), Quality Info Record
2), Quality Inspection Plan
Dynamic Modification Rule
Dynamic Modification Rule allows users to carry out inspection in a dynamic way. DMR allows scope of the inspection to change based on the past inspection results for that material.
In a typical dynamic modification rule, say for usage decision, several stages are created. An inspection lot, when created, belongs to one of the stage in the Dynamic modification rule. As per this stage, it is decided whether it is a skip lot or inspection is required. It can also state what kind of severity is required in the inspection process. Based on the inspection outcome of this stage, new stage may be assigned to the next inspection lot created for the material / vendor combination. As a result dynamic modification creates a path how an inspection lot is supposed to move through different stage based on the outcome of the inspection.
A quality notification is created when a material is observed, at any stage of the manufacturing process, short of quality standards. The quality notification captures the object’s non conformance with quality requirements and contains a request to take appropriate action.
Also See: SAP Implementation available Tools During the Project
Recommended Reading For You
- SAP Materials Management – OverviewSAP Materials Management (MM) supports the procurement and inventory functions occurring in day-to-day business operations such as purchasing, inventory management, reorder point […]
- Introduction to investment Management Module in SAPInvestment management refers to planning and managing of investments in long term activities. The long term investments may be for the purpose of creation of fixed assets for internal […]
- How to Choose an SAP Implementation Partner?SAP Implementation Partner selection for a SAP project is complex and time consuming process. There are hundreds of SAP consulting firms around and thousands facts to consider when […]
- SAP ERP Human Capital Management ProcessSAP ERP Human Capital Management (HCM) provides the organization a new way to expand and grow its human resources department. The integrated architecture block of SAP ERP offers a better […]
- SAP Item Category Determination an OverviewThe item category determination in the sales document depends on the sales document type and the material. An item category group is defined in the material master record. For Example, in […]