When a company decides to implement selected modules of SAP ECC then that marks the start of an implementation project. A project manager is assigned to the SAP project who manages the project from start to end. End date is determined for the project.Project stakeholders (those who have interest in the project) are identified.
The team is gathered consisting of functional/technical analysts (responsible for requirement gathering and configuration) and technical experts (programmers and database administrator).
Project manager is responsible for making sure every one is heading towards the same direction including end-users, project team, management and other stakeholders.
What is SAP Project?
The project go through phases.
- Requirement Gathering (To find out what functionality is expected from SAP software)
- Gap Analysis (To find out what business needs SAP cannot handle)
- Configuration of SAP ECC (To configure the system)
- Customizations (To modify the code of the software to handle the gaps)
- Data Migration (To migrate data from legacy system)
- User Training (Train users in using SAP)
- Testing (To perform testing before starting to use the system)
- Go Live (Hand over the system to users)
SAP Projects Lifestyle
SAP implementation from scratch
- Mostly works out for new companies
SAP implementation in phases
- Can roll out SAP functionality based on region
- Can implement module by module
Migration from vendor and implementing SAP
- This can replace existing software or vendors
SAP production support
- Supporting an existing system with minor enhancements or fixing bugs in configuration
Also See: What is ASAP Methodology?
Recommended Reading For You
- What is SAP Landscape?Just try to understand the system sap landscape, Every company follows their own landscape as a standard you will have three servers like development, quality assurance and production […]
- SAP Project PhaseASAP stands for Accelerated SAP, a methodology which SAP uses to implement SAP system in an organization. ASAP streamlines the implementation by providing templates, methods, tools and […]
- SAP Business Model and AS-IS Process MappingAS-IS process mapping is mapping the business processes of your organization as it really is. This is normally done at the preparation phase of the project. Assistance of the experts from […]
- What is SAP means? Definition of SAP ERP SoftwareThe SAP means Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing. The name SAP, being a German company is an acronym for “System, Anwendungen, and Produkte in DerDatenverarbeitung”. This […]
- The Main Key Features of SAP R/3Flexible & comprehensive SAP R3 improves flexibility and enables quicker response. It lets the company to concentrate on strategically expanding their business to address new […]