SAP Goods Movement
In SAP goods are moved in different locations. There are transactions that are responsible for carrying out the Goods Movement. For carrying out goods movement the following need to be understood. Goods Receipt, Goods Issue, Stock Transfer, Transfer Posting.
Goods movements include both externaland internal movements. In general, a transaction that causes a stock change is marked as a goods movement. You can distinguish between goods receipts, goods issues, stock transfers, and transfer postings
SAP Goods Receipt:
When goods are received from a vendor or from production and a posting is carried out in SAP, then it is known as a Goods Receipt (GR). Once a Goods Receipt is performed the Ware House Stock is increased.
Goods going out are termed as goods Issue. Basically it can be of the following type.
- Material Issue
- Material Withdrawal
- Material Consumption
- Shipment of Goods
Once the posting is carried out in SAP , Goods Issue results in Reduction of Stock.
The movement of goods internally from one place to another is termed as stock transfer. This can be between Storage Location to Storage Location, Warehouse to Warehouse or between Bins, between same plants or between different plant.
Some examples of Transfer Postings are as follows.
Material to Material, Release from Quality Inspection Stock, Transfer of consignment in companies own stock. A transfer posting may or may not carry out a physical movement of goods.
Also See: High Level & Fundamental understandings of SAP System Architecture
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Purchase order in SAP?This post provides general information about purchase order and how they are processed with Material Management (MM) Purchasing. The purchase order defines a formal request or instruction […]
- The Functions of Goods issue Posting in APFunctions of Goods issue Posting: Updating Stock Quantities : The warehouse stock of the material is reduced by the delivery quantity. You will find information on inventory management in […]
- To Explian about Forward/Backward Scheduling in SAP SD ModuleScheduling in SAP
From scheduling in sap point of view following dates/time are important: 1. Confirmed delivery date: date on which system confirms good receipt for customer 2. […]
- Consignment Sales Process in SAP SD – Step by Step ProcessConsignment Sales Process in SAP SD
Consignment fill-up (send materials to customer consignment). Here you have a consignment fillup order and a consignment fillup […]
- SAP Accounting Entries from MMSAP MM Accounting Entries
For Moving average price (MAP) E.g. : Purchase new material $22 quantity = 2 pcs During Goods Receipt
Dr. Inventory Account $22
Cr. GR / IR Account […]