Here you find SAP basis transaction codes and with functions and usage with short description.
User Overview: Display all the users who are currently logged on to the system and show the user-ids and terminal name.
Transaction code: SM04
Lock Entry List: A lock is a mechanism that prevents other users from changing the record on which you are working.
We presume that the profile parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout has been set. This parameter defines an automatic logout of the user if there is no activity for the set number of minutes.
Transaction code: SM12
Update Records: A failed update, or an “update terminate,” is an update to the failed database. These failed updates occur when a user entry or transaction is not entered or updated in the database.
For performance reasons, the database update is done in asynchronous mode. In this mode, the user continues to work while the system takes over the update process and waits for the database update to complete. In synchronous mode, users would have to wait until the database successfully updated before they could continue to work.
Transaction code: SM13
SAP BASIS Transaction Codes
System Log: The system log is the R/3 System’s log of events, errors, problems, and other system messages.
The log is important because unexpected or unknown warnings and errors could indicate a serious problem.
Transaction code: SM21
Batch Input: This transaction shows jobs that need to be processed or started, and jobs with errors that need to be resolved.
Transaction code: SM35
Work Processes: These transactions allow users to view the status of work processes and monitor for problems. Transaction SM51 is a central transaction from which you can select the instance to monitor. SM51 starts transaction SM50 for each application server. Transaction SM50 is used for systems without application servers.
Transaction code: SM50 / SM51
Spool: The spool is the R/3 System’s output manager. Data sent to the printer is sent to the R/3 spool and then sent to the operating system to print.
Transaction code: SP01
Tune Summary: The buffer tune summary transaction displays the R/3 buffer performance statistics. It is used to tune buffer parameters of R/3 and, to a lesser degree, the R/3 database and operating system.
The buffer is important because significant buffer swapping reduces performance. Look under Swaps for red entries. Regularly check these entries to establish trends and get a feel of the buffer behavior.
Transaction code: ST02
Temse: A TemSe (Temporary Sequential) database consistency check compares data in TST01 (TemSe objects) and TST03 (TemSe data) tables. TemSe contains temporary objects such as job logs, spool requests, tests for workflow, batch input logs, and personnel administration temporary data. Report RSTS0020 performs the consistency check.
The relationship between the object and data in the TemSe may be destroyed as a result of:
- Restore from backups
- Copying databases
- Copying clients using improper tools
- Deleting clients without first deleting their objects
Transaction code: SP12
To find more transaction code lists
Also See: What is Document Splitting Concept in SAP?
Recommended Reading For You
- Define System LandscapeThe purpose of this activity is to establish the system landscape. The system landscape consists of the SAP Systems and clients that will enable you to adapt the SAP standard software to […]
- Processing the Batch Input Session (SM35)Batch Input Session (SM35)
The data created by the map has been transferred from the PC to the application layer. Also, a batch input session has been created for the.txt file now […]
- What is SAP Backup and Restore Procedure?SAP Backup and Restore: The Sap R/3 Backup consists Database (Differential,Incremental) and Transaction Log (Append, Overwrite)Database BackupDatabase backup is the core of the […]
- How to Managing Lock Entries in SAP?SAP Lock Entries: The SAP system is equipped with a special lock mechanism the purpose of the lock entries mechanism is to prevent two transactions from changing the same data on the […]
- SAP System Monitoring Transaction CodesSystem Monitoring
The Following are the transaction codesSM12:
This Traction is used for Check for Lock Entries. There may be old locks still in place from transactions that did not […]