The Purchase Info Record belongs to the master data for purchasing. It holds information for a specific Material and Vendor combination. Purchase Info records allow the definition and maintenance of:
Data maintained in Purchase Info Records appears as default values in purchasing documents (e.g. Purchase orders, contracts) during creation.
Data in Purchasing Info Record
General Data: Vendor data, Origin Data, Order Unit
Prices and Conditions: Gross Price, Discount, Freight, Duty Etc
Control Data: Delivery Time, Minimum Qty, Tolerances
Texts: PO Text, Info Record Note
Statistics: Pricing history, Ordering, Statistics, Change History
Purchase Info Record in SAP
Automatic Update of Info record
When the Purchase Info Record update flag is set in Quotations, Outline Agreements or Purchase Orders, info records will be automatically created or updated.
Info Records are updated differently, depending on the update source:
- Quotations update info record pricing conditions
- Purchase Orders and Contracts update the last purchasing document number.
Purchasing Info Records (ME11)
The purchasing info record helps to define vendor-specific information for a material
ME61 – Maintain Vendor Evaluation
ME64 – Evaluation Comparison
ME49 – Price Comparison
Info Records and Pricing
Purchasing documents will automatically retrieve pricing from info records in one of two ways:
Conditions: Pricing conditions will be used if they were created for an info record either manually or through quotation maintenance.
Last Purchase Order: If an info record does not contain pricing conditions, the system reads the last purchasing document number from the info record and obtains the price from the last purchasing document.
Also See: How To Create Purchase Info Record?
Recommended Reading For You
- To Create Purchasing Information Records for material with Material MasterPurchasing Information Records (Info records) are maintained as Master data, just as Material and Vendor master data is maintained. Info records may be created for materials that have a […]
- How To Create Purchase Info Record SAP?Purchase Info Record: Info records are created automatically when the user orders a material or update a price quotation from a vendor, but can be also created, changed or deleted […]
- What is Condition Technique in SAP?To discuss the Condition technique in sap,The condition technique is used to define pricing across applications. For example, it is used in the SAP SD (Sales & Distribution) module […]
- How to View Existing Purchasing Documents per Vendor?This procedure outlines the process of displaying Purchasing documents that have been created for a vendor. It should be noted that in the initial screen of the transaction, that the user […]
- What is Purchase order in SAP?This post provides general information about purchase order and how they are processed with Material Management (MM) Purchasing. The purchase order defines a formal request or instruction […]