SAP AG (ISIN: DE0007164600, FWB: SAP, NYSE: SAP) is a German global software corporation that provides enterprise software applications and support to businesses of all sizes globally. Headquartered in Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg, with regional offices around the world, SAP is the largest enterprise software company in the world (as of 2009). It is also the largest software company in Europe and the fourth largest globally. The company’s best known products are its SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP ERP) and SAP BusinessObjects software.
SAP is the world’s largest business software company and the third-highest revenue independent software provider (as of 2007). It operates in four geographic regions: EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), AMERICA (United States and Canada), LAC (Latin America and Caribbean), and APJ (Asia Pacific and Japan), which represents Japan, Australia, India, and parts of Asia. In addition, SAP operates a network of 115 subsidiaries, and has R&D (Research & Development) facilities around the globe in Germany, India, the US, Canada, France, Brazil, Turkey, China, Hungary, Israel, Ireland and Bulgaria.
SAP focuses on six industry sectors: process industries, discrete industries, consumer industries, service industries, financial services, and public services. It offers more than 25 industry solution portfolios for large enterprises and more than 550 micro-vertical solutions for midsize companies and small businesses.
SAP partners include Global Services Partners with cross-industry multinational consulting capabilities, Global Software Partners providing integrated products that complement SAP Business Suite solutions, and Global Technology Partners providing user companies with a wide range of products to support SAP technology, including vendors of hardware, database, storage systems, networks, and mobile computing technology.
Solution extensions partners: this is a small number of companies which provide functionality that complements SAP solution capabilities. These enhancements fulfill high quality standards and are certified, sold and supported by SAP directly. These partner companies include Adobe, CA Technologies, Hewlett-Packard, IDS Scheer, OpenText, Nakisa, Inc, ICON-SCM, and SmartOps.
Also See: High Level & Fundamental understandings of SAP System Architecture
Recommended Reading For You
- SAP R/3 HistoryThe company SAP was founded in Waldorf, Germany, in 1972 by five ex IBM engineers (Dietmar Hopp, Hans-Werner Hector, Hasso Plattner, Klaus E. Tschira, Claus Wellenreuther). SAP stands for […]
- The Main Key Features of SAP R/3Flexible & comprehensive SAP R3 improves flexibility and enables quicker response. It lets the company to concentrate on strategically expanding their business to address new […]
- Why You Should think about Pursuing SAP Certification?SAP Certification: Although there are many people out there currently debating the value of SAP certification, the truth remains that SAP certified individuals are actually highly demanded […]
- What is SAP Project?When a company decides to implement selected modules of SAP ECC then that marks the start of an implementation project. A project manager is assigned to the SAP project who manages the […]
- What is SAP means? Definition of SAP ERP SoftwareThe SAP means Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing. The name SAP, being a German company is an acronym for “System, Anwendungen, and Produkte in DerDatenverarbeitung”. This […]