Secondary cost elements are like production costs, material overheads, production overheads, they can be created and administered in only CO. These are used in internal cost allocation, overhead calculation, settlement transactions., it does not flow to FI.
When cost element carries cost with in CO, then they are called secondary cost element.
Example…. – Take Product Costing
On manufacture of the goods the cost of the above product (production order) is arrived at accumulating material cost + operational cost + overheads (%), additive cost if any.
How to do Secondary Cost Elements in SAP?
The cost of operation is accumulated in cost centre be it production / production service / service cost centres, while booking FI entries.
Those operational cost has to be allocated to production order based on operational activities carried on and its cost involved in it. Those operation activities in CO are termed as activity types and has to link the same in KP26 with rates and cost centre (ie., sender cost centre and receiver production order)
IMG⇒ Controlling⇒ Cost Element Accounting⇒Master Data⇒Cost Elements⇒Create Cost Elements
Double click on “Create Secondary Cost elements“
- Give any G/L Number
- Specify the Fiscal Year Period
- Click on “Master Data“
The below screen appears,
- Write name of the Secondary Cost element & Description as shown above
- CElem category : Overhead Rates(41)
- Click on “Save“
Also See: SAP Down Payment Process an Overview
Recommended Reading For You
- How to Create Cost Center in SAP?Every one ant to know How to Create Cost Center in SAP?. The answer Cost Centre are used to track where cost occur in the organization. As costs are incurred, they are assigned or posted […]
- Product Costing in SAP OverviewProduct costing is one of the important tools in SAP environment. It explains how to determine the cost of product or a unit. Product Costing is used to know the unit cost of the goods […]
- How to Configure Foreign Currency Valuation – StepsForeign currency valuation is to be done for preparing the financial statements at a key date. Documents posted in foreign currencies have to be converted to company code currency for […]
- Create Statistical Key Figures in SAP SettingsTo Create Statistical key figures relating to cost centers, profit centers, and overhead cost orders. statistical key figures may also be a value representing the services provided by one […]
- How to Create Activity types [KL01] in SAP?SAP Activity types are activities provided by a cost center. They are measured in units of time or quantity. Activity quantities are valued using a price. For e.g. Activity types are used […]