To Define Chart of Accounts : The chart of accounts in SAP (COA) is nothing but list of GL accounts used by the company. There are three types of chart of accounts.1), Operative chart of accounts 2),Country specific chart of accounts 3), group chart of accounts. Generally we use the chart of accounts to process the regular business transactions is the Operative chart of accounts. We can post in this chart of account only. The remaining chart of accounts is used for different business scenario. As per the request of the client we can define other chart of account.
The customization path as per below,
To define Chart of Accounts in SAP
SPRO>IMG>financial accounting>general ledger accounting>GL accounts>>master records> preparations>edit chart of account list:
Transaction Code OB13
Step 1: Select new entries button to create new chart of account.
Give: chart of account code: 2006(4 character)
Give description of chart of account.
Give the language in which you want to maintain the chart of account.
Give the length of GL account number you want to use in your company code. The maximum length of GL account number in sap is 10 digits. (Within that we can give any number)
Step 2: By default the integration with controlling: manually only and save the data
Note: do not select the Blocked check box:
Step 3: The appearance of the screen after giving the details will be as under.
Step 4: In case of group company concept define one chart of account as group chart of accounts and give the group chart of account name while defining the operative chart of account.
Step 5: After definition of the chart of account we have to assign this chart of accounts to our company code.
Step 6: Menu Path as same above:
Transaction Code OB62.
Step 7: Click on position button.
Step 8: Give company code
Step 9: Give chart of accounts and save the data
Also See: Chart of Depreciation in SAP Overview
Recommended Reading For You
- How to define Chart of Accounts?After creating Company Code, the next thing we have to do is creating Chart of Accounts (COA).In SAP R/3 term, Chart of Accounts is a unique four alphanumeric code that represents the […]
- How to Copy GL Master from One Company Code to another Company CodeYou can use OBY2 to copy the GL accounts from one company code to the other company code.2 nd option.You can go through IMG-Financial acc- G/L A/c- Master data- G/L A/c creation […]
- SAP Company CodeSAP recommends that you used EC01 to copy an existing sap company code to a new one. This has the advantage that you also copy the existing company code-specific parameters. If necessary, […]
- Sample Account Assignment in G/L AccountSample Account Assignment is a master record containing data that is transferred when you create G/L account master records in the company code area.When you create a G/L account master […]
- Terms of Payment and Cash Discount: OverviewWhat is the mean by Cash Discount?
Cash Discount is a reduction in the price of an item for sale, allowed in those cases when payment is made within a stipulated period. In a business […]