We can have the 2 basic step, what is company, and how to create company code, and How to assign company code to company as per below,
Company: [RCOMP] Company is nothing but it is a client to whom we are going to implement SAP. It represents a corporate group. It is the highest organizational unit in the enterprise structure.
Menu Path: IMG>> Enterprise Structure>> Definition>> Financial Accounting>> Define Company>> Click on New Entries on the application toolbar >> Define your company by filling the data in the required fields>> Save and Edit
To Create Company Code and Assign to Company
Company Code: [BUKRS] Company code is nothing but it is an independent organization unit that represents subsidiary of company. It has his own set of database tables from which we can drawn out reports Ex: Balance sheets Profit and Loss accounts that are required by law and those reports can be consolidated at company code level. One company can have many company codes. It means one company code should be assigned to only one company. So the relationship between company and company code is one to many.
To Assign Company code to company.
Menu Path: IMG >>Enterprise Structure>>Definition>>Financial Accounting>>Edit, Copy, Delete, Check company code>>Edit company code data>>Click on New Entries on the application toolbar >>Define your company code by filling the data in the required fields >>Save and Exit
Also See: What is Cross Company Code Clearing Accounts in SAP?
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Contract in SAP?A contract is a longer-term agreement with a vendor (one of the two forms of "outline agreement" in the SAP system) to supply a material or provide a service for a certain period of time. […]
- SAP Company CodeSAP recommends that you used EC01 to copy an existing sap company code to a new one. This has the advantage that you also copy the existing company code-specific parameters. If necessary, […]
- Foreign Currency Valuation in SAPForeign Currency Transactions:There three types of Exchange rates defined by SAP,Bank Buying Rate Exports Purpose – G Type
Bank Selling Rate Import/Expenditure […]
- SAP SD (Sales and Distribution) Configuration Step by StepSAP SD handles sales activities and Distribution. The main activities are sales order handling and distribution of Shipment to the Customers. Also the billing process, cutomer invoice, […]
- SAP SD Tables list OverviewSAP Training Tutorials gives to know more on the SAP SD tables which using frequently in SAP SD sales and distribution module. The list of important SP SD tables as below,General […]