The purpose of this phase is to move from a pre-production environment to a live productive operation. After loading the closing balances in the system it is handed over to users for productive use. We must set up a support organization for users, not just for the initial critical days of your productive operations but also to provide long term support.
During this phase, users have many questions. There must be a solid user support organization easily accessible to all users. This phase is also used to monitor system transactions and to optimize overall system performance.
1. Production Support Procedures, and Project Conclusion
- As is the representation of the company’s processes / system architecture as they exist before implementation. (AS-IS is called the Business Process Procedures doc)
- ToBE is the design of the architecture/ processes after the implementation is complete. (TO-BE is called the Business Blueprint doc)
- So basically the purpose of the implementation is to move from As Is to To Be
- Current system and system in future need to be portrayed in the document, including interfaces with existing system.
- Similarly this needs to be done for processes like hiring, transfer, etc
Also See: What is ASAP Methodology?
Recommended Reading For You
- SAP Project PhaseASAP stands for Accelerated SAP, a methodology which SAP uses to implement SAP system in an organization.ASAP streamlines the implementation by providing templates, methods, tools and […]
- Define System LandscapeThe purpose of this activity is to establish the system landscape. The system landscape consists of the SAP Systems and clients that will enable you to adapt the SAP standard software to […]
- SAP Support ProjectSAP Support Projects which includes handling tickets is called Issue Tracking system. The errors or bugs forwarded by the end user to the support team are prioritized under three seviority […]
- Overview of SAP Application ServerAll of us know that R/3 system architecture consists of Presentation Server, Application Server and Database Server. Here I would like to share some details of Application […]
- What is mean by ASAP (Accelerated SAP)The Roadmap's are part of the SAP Solution Manager. They contain the standard SAP implementation methodology and cover the most important aspects and phases of a SAP implementation.