The purpose of this phase is to create the Business Blueprint, which is a detailed documentation of the simplified business process, which will cover all the processes documented in the AS IS phase. We will mainly refer the standard Process of SAP. With this basic platform, we achieve a common understanding of how the company intends to run its business using the system. During this phase technical team releases the technical blue print for the hardware.
1. Refine the original project goals and objectives,
2. Define the baseline scope,
3. Refine the overall project schedule,
4. Develop System Environment and technical blue print,
5. Business Organization Structure, and
6. Business Process Document.
SAP software expects that your business processes are accordingly to industry standards so that system could be used efficiently.
In most SAP implementing projects, client end up re-engineering their business processes as well, along with implementing a business software.
Implementing SAP without streamlining business processes is not a very ideal solution.
Before you implement SAP you need to perform blueprinting.
Business Blueprint means:
- defining company’s “to-be” business processes.
- identifying gaps between current state and the target
- identifying how SAP’s functionality could be mapped to the “to-be” business processes.
- identifying the gaps between SAP’s functionality and “to-be” business processes.
Also See: What is ASAP Methodology?
Recommended Reading For You
- SAP Project PhaseASAP stands for Accelerated SAP, a methodology which SAP uses to implement SAP system in an organization. ASAP streamlines the implementation by providing templates, methods, tools and […]
- What is Structure of SAP SD?The all most every firm Sales is structured in such way. This structure needs to be represented in SAP SD based on pre-defined organizational elements and combine them in a pre-defined way […]
- SAP Project Preparation Phase – Key PointsDuring this phase, the SAP implementation team goes through initial planning and project preparation for SAP project for the client. This phase consists of 5 steps. Goal […]
- What is Project Realization Phase in SAP?The purpose of this Project Realization Phase is to implement business and process requirements based on the Business Blueprint. The objectives are final implementation in the system, an […]
- ERP implementation failures – List out the reasonsMajor reasons for ERP implementation failures, Poor ERP Package Selection: Poor package selection occurs when a company has inadequately developed functional requirements definitions. […]