SAP Block Material for Posting, there are two ways to block materials for posting in sap for the duration of the physical inventory count, 1) Blocking when creating and 2) Blocking Later.
SAP Block Material for Posting
Blocking when creating Physical Inventory Document
Menu Path : Logistics > materials management > physical inventory > physical inventory document >create
Transaction Code MI01
To block material for posting enter the above transaction code at command prompt and press enter key or click “ Tick” (tick mark) with the Mouse.
The initial screen of the create physical inventory document appears.
Plant, In the field plant enter the plant number (or) select the appropriate value by clicking the drop down list. After selecting value press enter key or click “Tick” mark with mouse.
Storage Location,In the field storage location enter storage location number (or) select the appropriate value by clicking the checkbox.
Posting Block Select the posting block field on the selection screen.
Note: No goods movements involving the materials listed in the physical inventory document can be posted, if you select this indicator.
After filling up all the required fields in this screen press enter key or click “Right ” mark with mouse to view the create physical inventory document new items screen.
Material Number, To Enter material number.
Press enter key or click “Right” mark with mouse.
Press Cntr+s key. To save the document or choose
After saving the document, physical inventory document number will be displayed on status bar.
Also See: ERP beginning and its role in business an Overview
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Scheduling agreement in SAP MM?The scheduling agreement has similarities with a quantity contract: it states the target quantity of a material to be ordered from a vendor over a period of time, and the price. For each […]
- What is request for quotation (RFQ) in sap?The request for quotation (RFQ) is an invitation to a vendor to indicate his terms and conditions (in particular, his price) for the supply of a material or the provision of a service by […]
- What is Materials Planning and Control?Materials planning and control determines how much of which material, component, goods etc. is needed and when. This activity is the responsibility of the materials planner or […]
- How to View Existing Purchasing Documents per Vendor?This procedure outlines the process of displaying Purchasing documents that have been created for a vendor. It should be noted that in the initial screen of the transaction, that the user […]
- SAP MM Simple Procurement CycleThe Materials Management Module (MM) of SAP is completely integrated with other modules such as (SD, FICO, PP, WM, PM). Procurement in SAP MM comprises of following. Determination of […]