The Alternative Payee in SAP can make payment to a vendor other than the one to which the invoice was posted. The payment is made to an alternative payee, which must be specified in the master record.
You can specify an alternative payee in the general data area or in the company code data area of a vendor master. The alternative payee specified in the general data area is used by every company code. If you specify an alternative payee in both areas, the specification in the company code area has priority.
Alternative Payee in SAP
To always make vender payments to an alternative payee, proceed as follows:
1. Create a vendor master record for the alternative payee. Block this account from posting.
2. Specify the account number of the alternative payee in the Alternative payee field within the payment transactions section of the vendor master record.
3. When making payments for this vendor, the payment program will always access the name and address of the alternative payee.
In some instances, it may be better to specify a payee in the document. To do this, you have to activate this function by selecting the payee in the document indicator in the general data area of the Payment Transaction tab. When you enter documents for this account, the system displays a fi eld in which you can enter an alternative payee.
The system always uses the payee that is most specific. This means that when you enter a payee in a document, it has priority over payees specified in the master record.
Also See: What is General Ledger Planning in SAP?
Recommended Reading For You
- Terms of Payment and Cash Discount: OverviewWhat is the mean by Cash Discount?
Cash Discount is a reduction in the price of an item for sale, allowed in those cases when payment is made within a stipulated period. In a business […]
- What is SAP Internal Order?What is SAP Internal Order?
SAP Internal Order is a cost object that collects costs for the management information system and, in some instances, revenues for an organization. IOs can be […]
- SAP Billing Process an OverviewSAP Billing Process: The purpose of SAP Billing represents the final processing stage for a business transaction in Sales and Distribution. Information on billing […]
- Interest Calculation Process in SAPFirst the program identifies the items on which Interest calculation is to be calculated according to the rules defined in the interest indicator, and any additional specifications you […]
- SAP Terminology what it means?Master data is a collection of information about a person or an object, e.g. a cost object, vendor, or G/L account. For example, a vendor master record contains not only general […]