Automatic clearing in SAP is one of the functionality used to clear the accounts with open and clear items. And further used group the open items basing on some criteria and clears them according to the criteria.
Automatic clearing in SAP Steps
Prepare Automatic clearing:
Menu Path: financial accounting >general ledger accounting>business transactions>open item Clearing>prepare automatic
Transaction code: clearing: TC: OB74.
- Click on new entries button
- Give chart of accounts: 2006
- Give account type: K, D, S
- Give the account numbers from number and to number
- Give the clearing criterion or group criterion and save the data.
Post the transaction in open item accounts. And clear it with partial clearing option. There by both the items appear as open items.
Now execute the Automatic clearing Programme as under:
Menu Path: Accounting>financial accounting>general ledger>automatic clearing
F-13 automatic clearing with or without specifying the currency.
Give the details and select the accounts for executing the programme:
It automatically clears the open items. This programme is useful for clearing the open items with automatic posting transactions.i.e. GR/IR clearing account.
This programme is used to clear the account with huge volume of accounts with numerous line items either on line or as background processing as batch input. And further it is useful clear the gl accounts with post automatically option is set. The individual accounts will be cleared by manual clearing of an account in F-03 clear functionality.
The automatic clearing functionality is quiet different form the automatic payment programme used in accounts receivable and accounts payable component. The Automatic payment programme is defined to clear the open items in customer and vendor accounts, and post the entries in bank accounting and issues the cheques for paid amounts simultaneously. Automatic clearing function is simply to clear the open items basing on the grouping criterion.
Also See: How to Configure Maintenance Optimizer in SAP?
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Clearing in SAP?Clearing in SAP refers to squaring-off open debit entries with that of open credit entries. Clearing is allowed in GL accounts maintained on an ‘open item’ basis and in all customer/vendor […]
- What is Clearing Functions in SAP?This Clearing functions are used to clear the outstanding entries in the general ledger accounts. Example: outstanding amounts in expenses payable and income receivable accounts. To clear […]
- How to define Chart of Accounts in SAP?To Define Chart of Accounts : The chart of accounts in SAP (COA) is nothing but list of GL accounts used by the company. There are three types of chart of accounts.1), Operative chart of […]
- What is the difference between Simple and Automatic Credit Check Types?Explain in detail difference between simple and automatic credit check types. In automatic check, difference between static and dynamic checks.
Simple Credit Check
Transaction code : […]
- How to define Chart of Accounts?After creating Company Code, the next thing we have to do is creating Chart of Accounts (COA).In SAP R/3 term, Chart of Accounts is a unique four alphanumeric code that represents the […]