SAP router is an executable file downloaded from service market place. It will be in the run directory (Older versions). For latest version we need to download from the Market place.what is sap router means.
Prerequisites (Till 6th point is from SAP Website not from Willsys Notes)
You have the latest version of SAP router (available from the SAP Service Marketplace
Steps to Configure SAP Router
The SAProuter version must not be under 23.
- Create the subdirectory saprouter in the directory <drive>:\usr\sap.
- Download the latest version of the SAP router from SAP Service Marketplace. Read the README file in this package. Copy the executables saprouter.exe and niping.exe to the directory you have just created.
If there is no SAP router there, you can get a version (may be obsolete) from your directory <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\exe\run.
- If SAP router has already been entered as a service with srvany.exe, remove the definition of the service from the Registry and restart the host.
- Define the service with the following command: ntscmgr install SAProuter -b …\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p “service -r <parameter>“
The points stand for <drive>:\usr\sap
<parameter> can be replaced by other parameters with which SAProuter is to be started. It is important that the parameters are within the character string enclosed in double quotation marks.
- Define standard service properties in Control Panel ® Services, set the startup type to “automatic” and enter a user. SAP router should not run under the System Account.
- To avoid the error message “The description for Event ID (0)” in Windows NT event log, you have to enter the following in the registry: Under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Services -> Event Log -> Application enter the key saprouter and define the following values for it:
- EventMessageFile (REG_SZ): ….\saprouter\saprouter.exe
- TypesSupported (REG_DWORD): 0x7
In usr\sap directory create a sub folder called SAPRouter. We have to maintain maintenance optimizer in Solution Manager and should get an approval to download SAP Router with our host name and IP Address (This info need to send to SAP)
We have to download Cryptographic file so that it will connect to SAP System by converting the password related information.
SAP Router are meant to login to our SAP System (remote) by the SAP to resolve any issue that may occur.
Keep the files in TRANS Directory and usr\sap\trans…
Locale -a will tells us what language the system will support
Also See: Types of Work Process in SAP
Recommended Reading For You
- The Steps to Upgrade SAP Support PackageHope sometimes we need to update our SAP Support Package for bug fixing or regular maintenance.If we check our current SAP Support Package Level from transaction SPAM --> Package […]
- How to Configure Maintenance Optimizer in SAP?Maintenance Optimizer is a tool provided by SAP to ensure that all the support packages that are released after April 2007 related to Netweaver will be approved and downloaded through MOPZ […]
- How to apply SAP License Key?SAP license key: SAP environment, there will be a requirement to install a license to a new installed SAP system or to a system refreshed from another system. This is the primary step in […]
- What is Transactions in SAP?The Transactions in SAP terminology is Execution of a program. The normal way of executing ABAP code in the SAP system is by entering a transaction code (for instance, SE51 is the code for […]
- What is BEx Web Analyzer?The BEx Web Analyzer is the initial Web frontend tool offered as part of the Business Explorer reporting options. The entire navigational and analytical process within the Web Analyzer is […]