Presentation Server is an SAP GUI. It is of 3 types SAPGUI for windows, HTML and JAVA. It is used to establish connection with SAP Application Server based on the name of the application server, Instance Number, SID etc.
Major Advantages of Presentation Server
1. Single GUI to access all the SAP Applications (ERP, CRM, SCM, XI, BI and SRM)
2. We can login with our logon language i.e. specify the language during logon. Same GUI is allowed to login with different languages
3. GUI is user friendly to create favorites, startup transactions 9 – To create Favorites
Login – From Tools – Administration SU01 – From Menu Favorites > Add
– To setup startup transactions
From menu Extras – Set startup transaction
SAP R/3 Architecture
4. GUI is downward compatible to support all the SAP Applications which are below the gui version.
Example: GUI 7.0 cannot support the component that are built on 7.10 but 7.0 can handle 7.00, 640, 620, 46D, 45A etc.
5. User parameters are defined for the frequently keyed in content. Eg: A user belonging to the sales organization, division, plant, sales area should get all the values by default while creating sales order (VA01) etc.,
Also See: What is User Administration in SAP Basis?
Recommended Reading For You
- Overview of SAP Application ServerAll of us know that R/3 system architecture consists of Presentation Server, Application Server and Database Server. Here I would like to share some details of Application […]
- SAP R/3 Architecture hardware viewThe SAP R/3 Architecture hardware view is called a development view, the view of the R/3 architecture, is hard functionality, or we can the process functionality of information with in the […]
- SAP GUI 7.10 New Installation InstructionsPreviously I’m using SAP GUI 6.40 on my vista operating system. At the beginning, SAP GUI is running fine, all the t-codes I access are displayed correctly. But in time, maybe after 2 days […]
- SAP GUI Color Settings for SystemSAP GUI
I’m posting a small hint which helps to recognize in which SAP system you are connected via SAP GUI. Sometimes when you are working with several sessions in different systems and […]
- How to do Installation of Presentation Server (SAPGUI)?Everyone have question, How to do Installation of Presentation Server : Use presentation server DVD and go to the respective OS win32 and run setupall.exe and follow the onscreen […]