A client copy does not “generate a new system”. It is used to transfer information between clients within the same system or to another system at the same release and db level.
Client Copy in SAP Step by Step
The Procedure to create:
If it is a fresh installation, do this —
1. SCC4 –> Create client no. and fill other details.
2. Logon to the newly created client with SAP* and PASS as password.
3. SCCL –> choose any profile (preferably SAP_ALL), source client 000 and target client .
4. Preferably do a test run initially to check if it can go well.
5. As a care check space in databases.
You can do Client copies remotely or do an export/import of data. Please study the dependencies of client dependent independent data rel.notes.
If you need to do a full client copy and database is more than 50 or 60gb, the import may tae little long time. Export of the full data can be done with SAP_ALLprofile in Source system. SCC4 >> Export the data with required profiles. It will create data and cofiles under os level. (usr/sap/trans/data, cofiles).
The export may take of 8 to 20 hrs depends on data.The import may take several days based on the size of the data. You need to set some parameters before you start the import. After the successful import you need to do post processing for client copy with request in scc8.
It depends upon what method you want to do client copy.
If you say remote client copy, i will suggest you against it because it takes hell lot of time to do client copy and any break for a moment in network connection will cause failure in client copy.If you are exporting the client then as such there is no problem, just remember the sequence in which you import the three (or two) transport requests.AND, keep enough free space in Table spaces of Target server
1.Check Sufficient space at OS level to keep extracted data from source Client
2.Export the client using following path or scc8 Tools (r) Administration (r) Administration (r) Client Admin. (r) Client Transport (r) Client Export. Select the data to be copied using a profile. (if u want client specific and cross client data use profile sap_expc). before importing ensure that all table spaces have enough space for this check source system table spaces and allocate table space accordingly)
3.Now create new client in target system
4.now import those requests in target client using stms or scc6
5.Now perform post processing Tools (r) Administration (r) Administration (r) Client administration (r) Client transport(r) Import editing
Also See: What is Client on SAP System?
Recommended Reading For You
- Main Components of R/3 ArchitectureComponents of R3 ArchitectureDatabase ServerThe database server is the most powerful server in an R/3 system. R/3 uses the database management system as central storage for all R/3 […]
- What is Cross Client Concept in SAP?Cross Client is defined as a self-contained commercial, organizational, and technical unit within an SAP System. This means that all business data within a client is protected from other […]
- What is Client on SAP System?A client is organizational and legal entity in the SAP system. All the business management data is protected here because other clients can not access them. The main objective of the […]
- Define System LandscapeThe purpose of this activity is to establish the system landscape. The system landscape consists of the SAP Systems and clients that will enable you to adapt the SAP standard software to […]
- How to Transport users from one client to another?When a modification is made to a role in the 100 client, the roles must be transported to the 800 client. One role, several roles, or all roles can be done if needed. They can all be […]