Hope sometimes we need to update our SAP Support Package for bug fixing or regular maintenance.
If we check our current SAP Support Package Level from transaction SPAM –> Package Level or System –> Status , under Component Version click the glass icon.
It will show your current SAP Support Package of each component.
Before we upgrade it, make sure we have downloaded necessary SAP Support Package.
SAP Support Package
Step by Step Configuration
Step 1: To Download the latest Support Pack Manager (SPAM) on the SAP service marketplace
Step 2: Transfer the downloaded file to /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in
Step 3: SAP has extract tool to extract the SAR files.You have to login has adm.Then go to the location where you copied SAR files.Then execute “SAPCAR –xvf ”. Copy all the unextracted file to /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in directory.
Step 4: Login as DDIC. Invoke tcode SPAM and load the extracted files. Support PAckage->Load PAckages->From Application Server
Step 5: To Click Support Package->Load Packages-> Import SPAM/SAINT Update.
Also See: SAP Support Project Handling Tickets
Step 6: Then it will automatically update the Support Pack Manager. You’re finished!. You may bump into ABAP Dump. Like me, I bump into LOAD_TEXTPOOL_LOST.
However, if you read SAP note 822379
* Symptom: When you import the SPAM/SAINT update, a range of different runtime errors may occur:
These errors occur because the source code of the Support Package Manager is modified by the import during the run. CALL_FUNCTION_PARM_UNKNOWN, LOAD_PROGRAM_LOST, LOAD_PROGRAM_CLASS_MISMATCH, andLOAD_TEXTPOOL_LOST occur if the ABAP load or text elements are to be loaded back into the local buffer, and there is a different version in the database.
However, SAPSQL_SELECT_WA_TOO_SMALL, SAPSQL_SELECT_TAB_TOO_SMALL, SAPSQL_WA_TOO_SMALL, DDIC_STRUCLENG_INCONSISTENT and RUNT_ILLEGAL_SWITCH occur if changes are made on the SPAM/SAINT data structures with the SPAM/SAINT update.
Solution: None of these errors will occur again if you restart the Support Package Manager (transaction SPAM) and continue to import the SPAM/SAINT update.
Also See: SAP Support & implementation – Go live an Overview
Recommended Reading For You
- Batch Management Configuration in SAP MMBatch Management Configuration: This post explains a quick guide on how to use standard SAP Batch Determination for a material transfer. For an internal goods movement we need SAP to pick […]
- How to Lock all the Users in SAP System?Lock all the Users in SAP System: Making user changes one-at-a-time can be extremely time consuming. SAP has provided mass change transaction to help making many user changes. The mass […]
- What is LSMW in SAP?What is LSMW in SAP? The full form of LSMW is Legacy System Migration Workbench. As the name specifies it’s a tool in SAP for migrating the legacy data to SAP system. LSMW is the […]
- What is Web Dynpro for ABAP?Web Dynpro (Stands for Web Dynamic Programming) for ABAP is a programming model for developing Web applications. It consists of a run time environment and a graphical development […]
- How to Reset SAP ITS 6.20 Itsadmin Password?Reset SAP ITS 6.20 Itsadmin Password : Due to incorrect logon or forgot the password user itsadmin in SAP ITS 6.20 is locked. Incorrect password can be occurred after upgrading ITS or just […]