You can organize, perform, and monitor transports between your SAP Systems using the SAP Transport Management System (STMS). User actions at the operating system level are no longer necessary, since all the necessary information and functions are mapped in the SAP System.
Consultant & Abapers will request transport from client to client. Once request has been approved, Basis will transport the request using T-CODE STMS
SAP Transport Management System (STMS) Step by step,
1. On the command field, enter STMS. You will see the above screen. Now, click the red color truck on upper left of the screen.
2. Double click on the target system. In this case, I am going to transport from Development server to Production server. I’ll double click on PRD.
3. Press refresh once to update the transport list.
4. Click on the ‘transport request que (Ctrl-F6) if you see a green colored arrow. Press ok when a window popup. 5. Once completed, click on Import request button (Ctrl-F11)
6. Enter your target client. In my case, its client 800.
7. Click on option tab and untick leave transport request in queue for later import. See above picture. Now click ok.
What is SAP Transport Request Process?This document is a summary of the SAP Transport Request process at MIT involving technical code reviews for custom development, configuration changes, acceptance testing, documentation, […]
Transport Request in SAP – Different TypesTransport request is used in SAP to transfer customization. The main purpose of Transport Request is not to make any changes directly in Quality/Production server. When u does some […]
SAP GUI Color Settings for SystemSAP GUI
I’m posting a small hint which helps to recognize in which SAP system you are connected via SAP GUI. Sometimes when you are working with several sessions in different systems and […]