Payment Medium Workbench (PMW) is used to create payment media. The user is provided with a generic payment medium program for all payment medium formats whose variants are to be entered in Customizing. The user can create the structure of the note to the payee and choose different notes to the payee according to their origin (vendors, customers,personnel, travel expenses, treasury, online payments, and so on). Developers, consultants, and system administrators have simple tools for changing delivered formats without modification or setting up new formats.
Well-known development tools (Data Dictionary,Function Builder, and so on) and the new Data Medium Exchange Engine (DMEE) are integrated, enabling PMW to function like a workbench.
Simple, modification-free options for adjusting delivered formats to meet customer or bank requirements (including individual selection parameters for the payment medium program). Simple tools for creating new formats (no programming experience required to use the DMEE). Customizing to structure the note to the payee. Standardized creation of advice notes with the new RFFOAVIS_FPAYM program. Improved performance, especially for large payment runs.
Payment Medium Workbench (PMW)
A payment method becomes a Payment Medium Workbench (PMW) payment method in only four steps:
The payment medium format is assigned to the payment method after you have determined that you want to use PMW. You may have to enter a substitute format.
The note to the payee is assigned to the payment method by origin. Here you can use the examples provided by SAP: SAMPLE 02 as the note to payee for FI-AP and FI-AR and SAMPLE 00 for all others (origin remains blank), for example.
You enter the form for the accompanying sheet provided by SAP in the payment method for each company code (under Next Form).
And finally, you must create and assign selection variants
Additional info on Payment Medium Workbench (PMW)
- Set the PMW payment medium formats
- Release information on PMW
- Documentation on the generic payment medium program
- Integration of check management in PMW
- Creation of cross-payment run payment media
- PMW connection to online payments
Conversion Steps for a Payment Method:
- Switch to PMW (radio button) in the payment method definition/country.
- Enter an existing Payment Medium Workbench (PMW) format in the payment method definition/country. Hint: Note the documentation buttons for the PMW and the individual PMW format.
- Assign notes to payee (general and/or origin specific) to the payment method definition/country (for example, SAMPLE 02 for origin FI-AP and FI-AR)
- Assign a PMW form for accompanying sheets
- Remove the form for document-based payment medium (if you have not already done so)
- Create and assign selection variants for each payment group
When the payment media are created for a payment with a PMW payment method, the program SAPFPAYM_SCHEDULE is launched.
This first carries out a pre-service. The pre-service processes the data supplied by the payment runagain specifically for the PMW:
- The payments are sorted according to Payment Medium Workbench (PMW) format and other format-specific fields.
- Payment groups are created based on the level of granularity (one payment medium file isusually created later for each group).
- The note to payee is formed
The granularity is specified in the definition of the payment medium format and determines how the payment media are to be output separately in payment groups. A payment group usually corresponds to one payment file.
Every Payment Medium Workbench (PMW) format (with or without a supplement) has up to three types of text fields for reference information (text box on the left in the PMW Format graphic above).
Type 1: Invoice information (classic note to payee)
Type 2: Internal reference (in case the payment media is returned) Type 3: External reference (for the business partner) Alos See: Foreign Currency Revaluation F.05 Issue
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Sap Business Object Layer (BOL)?The Sap Business Object Layer (BOL) stores data of business object such as business partners and sales order during run time. This was done in order to separate Presentation layer of Web […]
- Overview of SAP Application ServerAll of us know that R/3 system architecture consists of Presentation Server, Application Server and Database Server. Here I would like to share some details of Application […]
- SAP- AR & AP Interview QuestionsSAP- AR & AP Interview Questions
1. At what level are the Customer & Vendor code stored in SAP?The customer and Vendor code are at the client level. That means any company […]
- What is SAP Electronic data Interchange (EDI)?Electronic Data Interchange is here to stay. SAP has provided many tools to ease the integration to EDI subsystems and these, together with a methodology of how to implement EDI are […]
- How to Managing Lock Entries in SAP?SAP Lock Entries: The SAP system is equipped with a special lock mechanism the purpose of the lock entries mechanism is to prevent two transactions from changing the same data on the […]