Changing SAP Password for Database
To Changing SAP Password for Database Users Using BRCONNECT
As of Release 6.10, you can
use BRCONNECT to change the passwords for the database users SAP, SYS, or SYSTEM.
By using BRCONNECT, you will have the password for SAP encrypted before storing it in the database.
The Procedure as follows,
You can either change the passwords with BRCONNECT interactively or by using the command line. Interactively
1. Start BRCONNECT with the command:
Brconnect [-u system/] –f chpass –u
2. Enter the new sap password twice for confirmation.
When you change the password interactively, on some platforms you can enter the new password hidden, as long as it is no longer than eight characters.
Using the command line, Enter brconnect [-u system/] –c –f chpass –u –p
- The sap password of the SYSTEM database user. You can use another user with DBA privileges.
- The database user for which the sap password should be changed (for example, SAP).
- The new sap password for the user.
If you omit the -u option, then the logon occurs using SYSTEM with its default sap password.
Recommended Reading For You
- How to Configure Printer in SAP System by using SPAD?Printer in SAP System : We can configure a printer in sap in 2 different manners. Either you use LOCD (device type:SNI9014 for Dot-Matrix) or LOCL (device type:SAPWIN for HP or others) […]
- User Types in SAPUser Types in SAP: The SAP system categorizes users into several types for different purposes,
There are 5 different User Types:
- SAP SD Pricing Procedure – OverviewSAP SD Pricing Procedure is determined (T.Code: OVKK) based on Sales Area (Sales Organization + Distribution Centre + Division) + Customer Pricing Procedure + Document Pricing Procedure. […]
- SAP Tips & TricksList out some of the SAP Tips & Tricks
1), Do you know what entering /n in the Command Line will do?Entering /n in the Command Line followed by a transaction code, e.g IE03 […]
- How to Explain Output determination Procedure in SAP SD?Output determination Transaction code : (NACE T-code)
Output is a form of media from a business to one of its business partners. The possible media forms are printouts, faxes, telexes, […]