SAP-BI Data Archiving Process: Archiving is used to store your data at a remote location to improve the performance in BI. Archiving is a process of moving the data from the sap database to storage system which is not required online and archived data can be read offline when ever user required.
Data Archiving helps to increase more database size, improvement of the system performance will take care to a greater extant and cost effectiveness for the client with respect to hardware.
We use archiving process in various SAP application areas. We can archive Master data and Transactional data.
Master data such as Customer master data, Vendor master data, Material master data, Batch master data and so on..
Transaction data such as Sales order, Delivery document, shipment document, Billing document, Purchase requisition, Purchase order, Production Order, Transfer order, Account receivables, Account payables, and so on
SAP-BI Data Archiving Process
Steps to be followed for Data Archiving in 7.0:
Step 1: Go to transaction -: RSDAP
Step 2: Give info Provider Name & Type- Create.
Step 3: To Go to General Settings – Give archiving object name.
Step 4: Selection Profile tab- schedule time.
Step 5: ADH (tab)- Specify logical file name.
Step 6: Activate – make sure you copy your archiving object name.
Step 7: To go to t-code : SARA give your object name.& click “write request”
Step 8: Now create a variable & click on variable & click on MAINTAIN.
Step 9: Select a field Then- CONTINUE
Step 10: To go to “FURTHER RESTRICTION(tab)”give a value
Step 11: To go to to processing options: click on production mode.
Step 12: Final > Save
Step 13: Attribute (tab): give a name & save
Step 14 : To give start date & print parameters.
Step 15 : Execute.
Also See: How to Manage Permissions Roles To SAP Users?
Recommended Reading For You
- What is Business Intelligence?Business Intelligence: The Purpose of Business Intelligence, During all business activities, companies create data. In all departments of the company, employees at all levels use this data […]
- Transport in SAP BI – Step by Step Procedure to ImplementTransport in SAP BI : SAP in general transports will be implemented by Basis persons or we can automate the transports implementation by scheduling the job. Sometimes we will be in […]
- SAP BW transport errors and Fixes for TransportsCommon Transport Errors in Transformations/Update Rules SAP BW Transport Errors Log 1:Error: Syntax Error in routine.Reason: This error occurs if the transformation is not […]
- What is Bill of Materials (BOM)? – DefinitionBill of Materials (BOM) : A list of all of the items that make up a product or assembly. The list is complete for its given purpose, has a formal structure, and states the name, quantity, […]
- Introduction to Data ArchivingSAP Data Archiving : As the usage of SAP database increases it’ll results in huge amounts of enterprise data, which is stored in SAP R/3. The new updated data is entered into the system […]