SAP Adobe Forms: SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe is included in SAP Web Application Server and can be used by any applications that are based on SAP NetWeaver ’04 or later.
The following SAP Adobe software is included in the form solution:
SAP Adobe Live Cycle Designer
A graphical tool for designing form layouts; it is integrated into SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio and ABAP Workbench.
SAP Adobe Document Services
Web services used to generate the PDF forms at runtime; in interactive scenarios, they extract the XML data from the form and send it to the system.
Adobe Document Services run on SAP J2EE Engine. This means that you must install the Java Stack of SAP Web Application Server, regardless of the development language of your application (ABAP or Java).
The scenario by creating master page and body page.
Go to SFP transaction to create adobe form. Provide the interface name and click on create button.
SAP Adobe Forms
SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe offer the following basic functions:
- Create form templates for the layout that include logos or pictures
- Generate documents by merging form templates and current system data
- Edit forms online or offline
- Forms can be filled in advance automatically with specific data from SAP applications and then sent to the correct recipients using secure methods
- Automatic consistency checks for forms
- Activate enhanced functions such as comments
- Digital signatures and form certification
- Send completed forms to the SAP application with automatic updates of the business data
There are two basic types of forms:
For business processes that require close cooperation between employees, you can design interactive forms as a part of a Web Dynpro application.
You can use the following development environments:
● Interactive Forms in Web Dynpro for Java in SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio
● Interactive Forms in Web Dynpro for ABAP in ABAP Workbench
These forms can contain dropdown menus, pushbuttons, text fields, and other elements that enable users to enter data. The form is generated in PDF format, which, for example, can be displayed by the user in a browser. The user uses Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat to fill out the form and saves the changes made to the form in XML format. The SAP system extracts the data from the form and saves it to the database, where it can be processed further.
You can use these forms in two basic scenarios:
The user is logged on to the SAP system when he or she fills out the form.
The user is not logged on to the SAP system when he or she fills out the form. Once the form has been filled out, the user sends it to the issuer of the form, for example by e-mail. The SAP system of the issuer then extracts the data from the form.
Forms for Printing, E-Mail, or Fax
You can use the Form Builder (integrated into ABAP Workbench) to create PDF-based print forms that you can then print or send by e-mail or fax. When you create these print forms, you can rely on the tried and trusted principle of separate data retrieval and form layout processes. This enables you to make changes to either one of the processes, without affecting the other.
Also See: Different Types of Users in SAP
Recommended Reading For You
- How to Implement Screen Exit for SAP Standard TransactionScreen Exit for SAP Standard Transaction: SAP provides standard transactions to enter data into database. But a client may want to maintain some additional information in SAP other than […]
- What is SAP User Interface (UI)?The SAP R/3 system presents a Windows interface with several of the familiar Windows functions for screen manipulation. The apparent simplicity of the SAP User Interface hides the power of […]
- How to do Reconciliation Ledger in SAP SystemIMG⇒ Controlling⇒ Cost Element Accounting⇒Reconciliation ledger⇒Activate/Deactivate Reconciliation LedgerDouble Click on “Activate Reconciliation […]
- Role of Functional consultant in CINRole of Functional consultant: Installation, customization and configuration related to CIN needs to be carried out for the following applications (components) in SAP R/3. This should be a […]
- What is Client on SAP System?A client is organizational and legal entity in the SAP system. All the business management data is protected here because other clients can not access them. The main objective of the […]