To create document number ranges for company code
IMG > Financial Accounting >Financial Accounting Global Settings>Document> Document Number Ranges> Define Document Number Ranges.
Transaction Code:- OBA7
Here we can create the number ranges for documents.
Create Document Number ranges for Company Code
For each number range we can specify,
1),A number interval from which document numbers are selected
2), The type of number assignment (internal or external)
We can assign one or more document types to each number range. The number range becomes effective via the document type specified in document entry and posting. Number ranges for documents are company code-dependent.
We must therefore create your number ranges for each company code in which the document type is used, namely with the same number range key. The number intervals must not overlap. If you use year-dependent number ranges, you can specify the same interval with the same key several times for different “to- fiscal years” (the limit up to which a number range is still valid).
If you want to define number ranges, which are independent of the to-fiscal year, enter 9999 in the to- fiscal year field.
For sample documents, use a number range with key X2, for recurring entry documents with key X1.
These keys may not be used for other number ranges.
To copy from another company code:-
Click on copy and update the company to be copied from 0001 and company to be copied to 9100.
You get the following message:-
The number ranges are not transported automatically. It is advisable that you manually maintain number ranges in each system (quality, production). To manually create number range proceeds as follows:-
Click on Intervals
Click on +Interval and update the following fields:-
To Click Save entry.
Thus Document number ranges are created for company code 9100. These number ranges are year dependent. For company codes posting the number ranges should be defined as year dependent. Note that the number intervals are not included in the customizing request they need to be transported manually.
Click on Interval ->Transport
Also Se: Maintain Number Ranges for Controlling Documents
Recommended Reading For You
- SAP FI-APAccounts Payable
AR & AP are sub ledgers of GL for managing customer & vendor balances. Most of AR comes from SD modules & AP data from MM module.Define Acct group with […]
- Sample Account Assignment in G/L AccountSample Account Assignment is a master record containing data that is transferred when you create G/L account master records in the company code area.When you create a G/L account master […]
- SAP Company CodeSAP recommends that you used EC01 to copy an existing sap company code to a new one. This has the advantage that you also copy the existing company code-specific parameters. If necessary, […]
- Maintain Number Ranges for Controlling Documents in SAPMaintain Number Ranges for Controlling Document in SAP,
IMG ⇒Controlling ⇒ General Controlling ⇒ Organization ⇒ Maintain Number Ranges for Controlling DocumentT-Code […]
- How to Copy GL Master from One Company Code to another Company CodeYou can use OBY2 to copy the GL accounts from one company code to the other company code.2 nd option.You can go through IMG-Financial acc- G/L A/c- Master data- G/L A/c creation […]