ASAP stands for Accelerated SAP, a methodology which SAP uses to implement SAP system in an organization.
ASAP streamlines the implementation by providing templates, methods, tools and accelerators that have been built on the success of thousands of previous SAP implementations.
This methodology divides the implementation process into 5 sap project phases.
The Various SAP Project Phase
Phase 1: Project Preparation During this phase the team goes through initial planning and preparation for SAP project.
Phase 2: Business Blueprint The purpose of this sap phase is to achieve a common understanding of how the company intends to run SAP to support their business. The result is the Business Blueprint, a detailed documentation of the results gathered during requirements workshops.
Phase 3: Realization The purpose of this sap phase is to implement all the business process requirements based on the Business Blueprint. The system configuration methodology is provided in two work packages: Baseline (major scope); and Final configuration (remaining scope).
Phase 4: Final Preparation The purpose of this sap phase is to complete the final preparation (including testing, end user training, system management and cutover activities) to finalize your readiness to go live. The Final Preparation phase also serves to resolve all critical open issues. On successful completion of this phase, you are ready to run your business in your live SAP System.
Phase 5: Go Live & Support The purpose of this sap phase is to move from a project-oriented, pre-production environment to live production operation.
Also See: What is SAP Upgrade Roadmap?
Recommended Reading For You
- SAP Support ProjectSAP Support Projects which includes handling tickets is called Issue Tracking system. The errors or bugs forwarded by the end user to the support team are prioritized under three seviority […]
- ASAP Methodology Implementation StepsThe SAP ASAP Methodology (Accelerated SAP) provides the roadmap for optimizing and continuous implementation of SAP systems in the real time business processes. The ASAP roadmap brings in […]
- SAP Support Project Handling TicketsSAP Support Project Handling tickets is called Issue Tracking system. The errors or bugs forwarded by the end user to the support team are prioritized under three seviority High, Medium […]
- SAP Project Preparation Phase – Key PointsDuring this phase, the SAP implementation team goes through initial planning and project preparation for SAP project for the client. This phase consists of 5 steps. Goal […]
- What is Project Realization Phase in SAP?The purpose of this Project Realization Phase is to implement business and process requirements based on the Business Blueprint. The objectives are final implementation in the system, an […]